Who is using Windows Vista, and what do you like about it?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just got a comp with Windows Vista Premium...and wonder what cool stuff I can do now? (probably nothing much, but i have to ask)

whats your favorite features of this new OS?

My favorite feature is the ability to repartition the hard disk on the fly, allowing the easy installation of another OS to use instead. I'm dual-booting Ubuntu Linux and Vista now, but haven't actually used the Vista side since installing Linux; nothing useful seems to work with Vista yet.

If you don't like Linux, you could put dual-boot XP to at least get you through the next few months until Vista becomes usable.

any advice on where i can get more info on doing this? i def want to run xp for a bit...but dont know how to set up a 'dual boot'

thanks

bpp said:
Google "dual-boot XP Vista," and pick the one which most closely resembles your case and what you'd feel comfortable doing.

For example: http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

duh...google...

looks intriguing....im going to experiment more with vista and then try the dual boot technique if i have problems

thanks

anyone else?

bpp said:
My favorite feature is the ability to repartition the hard disk on the fly

Can't wait to do that... sorry I couldn't resist. My new laptop came with XP and a free Vista upgrade, which will be mailed soon. I may never install it, we'll see. I like XP. I like the dentist.

I love my new laptop, so far. After it makes the coffee, it'll be doing my taxes :LOL:

cheers

Back
Top Bottom