Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeBrake View Post

When we did our last roof job, we removed the electric powered attic vents and replaced them with wind powered turbine vents. Since the attic was so hot, the electric motors in the electic powered vents had a rather short life.
Thats probably a good move. Southface, an energy audit org that i volunteered at for a while, did a detailed analysis on powered attic ventalation. The bottom line was that you use more energy powering the fan than you save in cooling. I know I won't convince everyone here, but that's what I believe. Spend your money on more attic insulation and maybe radiant barrier.

--Dale--
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!