Wholesome Decadence

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So I made grown-up strawberry ice pops by pureeing fresh strawberries and Fragoli strawberry liqueur in a blender, then freezing them in ice-pop molds. Boy, are they good, and good for you, too! :cool: Decadent and wholesome, at the same time.

This made me wonder what other examples of "wholesome decadence" are out there, and if it could apply to things other than food.

Amethyst

This made me wonder what other examples of "wholesome decadence" are out there, and if it could apply to things other than food.

Amethyst
I eagerly await your offerings. :)

Ha

Oh that sounds yummy Amethyst! :D I'll have to give it a whirl.

Wholesome decadence you say....hmmmmm.....thinking....

Well one that comes to mind that doesn't concern food is soaking my tootsies in my bubbly foot bath concoction, then rubbing them down with a rich moisturizer.

The decadence part comes from someone else rubbing my feet. :angel:

Gee, I was hoping for something the rest of us could try.

Are you offering your DW as an example of wholesome decadence (in which case are you willing to share with others?) or is it something she does that the rest of us could try?

If the implication is sexual, I'm going to declare sex in general to be "wholesome decadence" so we don't risk bringing out the mods on their piggy-cycles. :ROFLMAO:

A.

Uh, you mean like DW? :cool: ...

One square of Dove dark chocolate (slightly melted just until soft) nibbled slowly while sipping a good dry red wine...preferably while soaking in a bubble bath :cool:

Both dark chocolate and red wine are good for you!

This thread is totally inappropriate.

That said: Baklava. Honey, phyllo dough, pistachio, butter. There is a shop in Montreal that has the best Lebanese pastries in the western world...

Eating a freshly picked ripe REAL tomato from my plants, sprinkling it with salt and pepper, and/or dipping each slice in a little tub of mayo.
Picking a sugar snap pea, peeling off the stringy part and eating the entire thing, pod and all. Rinse and repeat until the pea vines are bare of mature pods.
Slicing a fresh cucumber, dipping a slice in tzatziki, rinse and repeat, munching the entire cucumber away.
Cottage cheese on a potato chip.

Oooooohhhhh.....:smitten:

Eating a freshly picked ripe REAL tomato from my plants, sprinkling it with salt and pepper, and/or dipping each slice in a little tub of mayo.
Picking a sugar snap pea, peeling off the stringy part and eating the entire thing, pod and all. Rinse and repeat until the pea vines are bare of mature pods.
Slicing a fresh cucumber, dipping a slice in tzatziki, rinse and repeat, munching the entire cucumber away.
Cottage cheese on a potato chip.

Proof that there is a God, who loves us :dance:

I thought Ben Franklin declared that beer was proof that God loved us.

And on that note, beer is wholesome decadence. Not that yellow stuff either. Brown beer, preferably something you could eat with a fork and have to pick out of your teeth afterwards. Mmmm. All natural, relaxing, settles the stomach, aids in digestion, promotes healthy sleep, increases endorphins. What more could you want?

Headed to the beer fridge right now.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom