Who's done with their Christmas shopping?

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My SIL and Sister were discussing how they need to get going on their Christmas shopping - I pick up gifts throughout the year during my various travels, so there is no pain shopping this time of year! Wooohooo! :cool: They are getting good souvenirs from Germany, Newport, RI, Virginia, and DC. NO MALLS for me!

One bummer this season - we had a minor flood in the basement, and my holiday cards (5 boxes of the good funny ones!) got all wet & moldy - I usually pick these up on clearance after the holidays, so will have to suck it up and buy regular cheapos. Also lost a couple puzzles that were in the box of "gifts" :mad:

I am done with my Christmas shopping too. Because of the poor economy, several family members have requested money this year, which made things easier for me. Not many frivolous gift requests this year either, mostly practical things (clothes, cleaning appliances, and even a new set of tires).

X-mas shopping isusually done by X-mas morning..........:)

We already did our big xmas present - a new Sealy 3" pillowtop CA King mattress. The end of an era - I gave up my waterbed. :(
I suggested to dh2b that instead of buying each other gifts, we give our housecleaner a really BIG xmas bonus so she can get nice stuff for her 2 young boys. He thought that was a great idea. :D
We are therefore limiting our to-each-other gift budget to under $100 per person.

It´s a bit early around here for that kind of shopping. In any i only have to buy a couple of gifts. My son will get money. He is over-clothed and I don´t dare buy him anything else. Very particular about his hobbies.

My nieces were born December 1st so it was easy to send out the package with all the Christmas gifts too. And since I was at FedEx, I sent my parents box so I am done. Most of my friends just exchange donations to charities at this point.

The first week of December I place a bunch of orders with online retailers for mostly food items. I plan to shop at a small store near my office for gifts for a handful of co-workers this week-end. I know my friends like the items in this store, and the owner and her staff will wrap everything very nicely while I nibble cookies and sip wine(this store is having a holiday open house for just this purpose on Saturday). I will send my son a check. Done.

I went to Toys r us last week and shopped for all the grandchildren . I shopped for the rest of my family online so I'm almost finished . I also have a great gift shop I have to hit next week for a few special items .

All done. I adopted a Salvation Army Angel on JCPenny.com (17-year old girl) and the order is being shipped directly to our local Salvation Army. It's much easier to shop for the little ones but I took on the challenge of a teenager. I hope she likes what I bought her. Very tough. They need to set up the program like a wedding registry. I would much rather have her tell me exactly what she wanted than just getting "size 11, jeans."

I'm done already! Of course we're not exchanging gifts this year, so I didn't even need to start this year either! :D

We decided to just spend money on trips and meals, and things like that. We don't want or need more 'stuff' of any sort! Plus we'll 'up' our contributions to charity also. :)

Last year since my people were out of town during the holidays, I waited until January to send them (1/2 price) gift baskets. ;) Seems a good plan again this year, don't want them to think I'm early on anything except ER.

There's not much, other than DW. The rest of us have agreed that we don't need more "stuff".

I wait until after Thanksgiving to buy something for her. Otherwise it's too hard to keep the secret from her longer than that.

My holiday shopping is really easy. SO and I got both our families to agree, several years ago, to stop exchanging gifts. He and I exchange just small, fairly predictable gifts - calendars, books, etc. I sometimes also exchange small gifts with one or two friends, and that's the extent of it. It makes the holidays so much more pleasant for us.

Back
Top Bottom