Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

is this one of those "picture after meth and picture before meth" thing?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

yeah it Boehner.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoldernu View Post

I use the search on a regular basis when I get curious. I recently bought an older oddball electronic device for $.25 at a resale shop, but didn't know what it was and wanted some info, but had no "starting point" to search... no label, model number etc. I scanned the item, and dragged the scan to Google Search, and the pic came up... w/identification and model number from which I was able to download the manual. (It was a remote sensor to tell if the garage door was open or closed, from inside the house.)

Give Google search a try. Even older pictures of persons will come up. I've found names for high school pictures taken 60 years ago... people who were never famous...
I use Google image search often. It's fun and yields some interesting results, but that example for the door sensor is ingenious.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

How about a "What am I"?

No doubt a continuous prosperity, though spendthrift, is preferable to an economy thriftily moral, though lean. Nevertheless, that prosperity would seem more soundly shored if, by a saving grace, more of us had the grace to save.

Life Magazine editorial, 1956
Htown Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown Harry View Post
How about a "What am I"?

Crayola color timeline.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #26

Quote:

Give Google search a try. Even older pictures of persons will come up. I've found names for high school pictures taken 60 years ago... people who were never famous.
Just how do you get the image (Iggy Pop) into Google Images to search? I right clicked the picture and copied it, pasted it into the search bar in Google Images and it doesn't put it in cuz the search returns nothing. Could be useful to know how to do this.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #27

Darnit, I came to this thread too late! I'd recognize Iggy anywhere. It came as a shock the last time I went back to the UK to find that his image was on the backs of buses advertising car insurance.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by veremchuka View Post
Just how do you get the image (Iggy Pop) into Google Images to search? I right clicked the picture and copied it, pasted it into the search bar in Google Images and it doesn't put it in cuz the search returns nothing. Could be useful to know how to do this.
First, download the picture or scanned item to your desktop.
Go here: Google Images

Resize your screen, and drag the desktop link to the search area, (which opens up large to receive the link)

Then click the blue search button.
What you did should have worked... was the picture you clicked on in the format similar to "picture.jpg"?, or maybe included in something other than a image format, as an html page?

This will open a page with the same or similar pictures.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown Harry View Post
How about a "What am I"?

Very cool.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #30

Quote:
First, download the picture or scanned item to your desktop.
Go here: Google Images

Resize your screen, and drag the desktop link to the search area, (which opens up large to receive the link)

Then click the blue search button.
What you did should have worked... was the picture you clicked on in the format similar to "picture.jpg"?, or maybe included in something other than a image format, as an html page?

This will open a page with the same or similar pictures.
So you have to download the picture to your pc? I just right clicked the picture and copied it then pasted that into the Google search bar. Nothing. I copied the picture address and again nothing. Never downloaded the picture.

ETA: I dragged some pictures I have in the pictures folder and some were found so I guess the answer is yes.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by veremchuka View Post
So you have to download the picture to your pc?
There is method to search by the URL of the picture, Verenchuka.

Search by Image ? Inside Search ? Google

Copy and paste the URL for an image

Found an image on the web you’re curious about? Right-click the image to copy the URL. On images.google.com, click the camera icon, and “Paste image URL”.
No doubt a continuous prosperity, though spendthrift, is preferable to an economy thriftily moral, though lean. Nevertheless, that prosperity would seem more soundly shored if, by a saving grace, more of us had the grace to save.

Life Magazine editorial, 1956
Htown Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #32

Thanks I didn't know how to use this feature though I have used Google images to look for something I typed into the search bar. Nice!