Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooBear View Post
Newguy is BooBoobear
Hey newguy/booboobear, etc etc.

HOW ABOUT POSTING UNDER ONE NAME?

What's the problem? This would be considered a violation of the terms of service of most forums I know of. I can't even find a TOS on this forum.

At any rate, it is just wrong. Pick a name. Stop using the other one. Delete the old one.

-ERD50

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #62
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Hey newguy/booboobear, etc etc.

HOW ABOUT POSTING UNDER ONE NAME?

What's the problem?
Gym teacher from New Jersey living in North Carolina. Split personality. Try to show some understanding and compassion.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #63
Administrator

I don't mind talking to myself. I don't even mind arguing with myself. But when I start to lose the arguments, that's when I get concerned.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
Gym teacher from New Jersey living in North Carolina. Split personality. Try to show some understanding and compassion.
Understanding and compassion!!?? - that's for those liberals

-ERD50
Old 10-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #65
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
Ya got that right!

I would change the booboobear but cannot seem to find my passwords on the new laptop. I need not post when I am on that computer.

Geesh.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #66
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888 View Post
Ya got that right!

I would change the booboobear but cannot seem to find my passwords on the new laptop. I need not post when I am on that computer.

Geesh.
Geez newbooboobearguy, you rant and rant and rant about how all these complex problems in the world are not getting fixed to your satisfaction, certain political leaders are imbeciles, and on and on and on and on....

but you can't seem to manage a simple account and password profile? Sorry, does not do much for your credibility to comment on complex issues.

(yes, I guess I'm feeling surly today, but I've suffered through enough of this bear/guys proclamations....).

-ERD50
Old 10-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Geez newbooboobearguy, you rant and rant and rant about how all these complex problems in the world are not getting fixed to your satisfaction, certain political leaders are imbeciles, and on and on and on and on....

but you can't seem to manage a simple account and password profile? Sorry, does not do much for your credibility to comment on complex issues.

(yes, I guess I'm feeling surly today, but I've suffered through enough of this bear/guys proclamations....).

-ERD50
Sounds like you need an "ignore thread" feature too.

I don't get why Sgeeeeee got banned but boobooguy doesn't.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by retire@40 View Post
Sounds like you need an "ignore thread" feature too.

I don't get why Sgeeeeee got banned but boobooguy doesn't.
Maybe because I have never done a darn thing to get banned. I am starting to see why the internet forum is such a waste of time. In addition I look at these idiotic posts about the two names the name calling that is thrown about uh are you people still in middle school.?

If you don't like things I post ignore me.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #69
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I am starting to see why the internet forum is such a waste of time.
For more conclusive evidence, take a look in the mirror.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Why are we so obesessed with Iran a 3rd world country?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #70
Full time employment: Posting here.

Why are we so obesessed with Iran a 3rd world country?

Quote:
Maybe because I have never done a darn thing to get banned. I am starting to see why the internet forum is such a waste of time. In addition I look at these idiotic posts about the two names the name calling that is thrown about uh are you people still in middle school.?

If you don't like things I post ignore me.
I agree with you if they do not like the things you post then they can ignore them or choose not to READ THEM.

This is how I answered them on the thread "Realpolitik - About Bush" (awhile back)

First of all I will not get into a word game with you or anyone else in these forums. We are all FREE to express or project any views or opinions that we choose to and as such I will exercise my right to do so. If you do not like my posts or what I have to say then DO NOT READ THEM.

I do not remember anyone appointing you a subject matter expect on what is BS and what is not BS. Just like beauty, BS is in the eye of the beholder and as such one should not be casting stones when one may be in the outhouse.

----------------------------------------- --------------------------------- --------
Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #71

Gosh, if some people thump their itty bitty PATRIOTIC heart any harder, it might defrib.

Rattle the sabers, FLY THE FLAGS HIGH, pa rum pa pom pom.

Ick.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
I agree with you if they do not like the things you post then they can ignore them or choose not to READ THEM.

This is how I answered them on the thread "Realpolitik - About Bush" (awhile back)

First of all I will not get into a word game with you or anyone else in these forums. We are all FREE to express or project any views or opinions that we choose to and as such I will exercise my right to do so. If you do not like my posts or what I have to say then DO NOT READ THEM.

I do not remember anyone appointing you a subject matter expect on what is BS and what is not BS. Just like beauty, BS is in the eye of the beholder and as such one should not be casting stones when one may be in the outhouse.

----------------------------------------- --------------------------------- --------
What I am seeing on all internet forums is a lack of freedom of speech. The same gung ho america here wants you to do things there way or you get these idiotic reponses. Look in the mirror garbage again like I said Middle school behavior. Then you hear the forums are private you must adhere to the rules. look I will say it again I never have caused any of the posters any harm. Maybe it is best to stop wasting m time here.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #73
Give me a forum ...

I thought that retiring from teaching in inner city schools would mellow one out a bit...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #74
Administrator

Quote:
What I am seeing on all internet forums is a lack of freedom of speech. The same gung ho america here wants you to do things there way or you get these idiotic reponses. Look in the mirror garbage again like I said Middle school behavior. Then you hear the forums are private you must adhere to the rules. look I will say it again I never have caused any of the posters any harm. Maybe it is best to stop wasting m time here.
To quote the movie Stripes, "lighten up Francis".
Old 10-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #75

Quote:
...Maybe it is best to stop wasting m time here.
I wonder if newguy thinks this too?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #76
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
To quote the movie Stripes, "lighten up Francis".
You touch me, I'll kill ya...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic23 View Post
BooBear..... don't look now but Iran is Muslim also.... only they have declared that Israel should be wiped from the face of the earth.... by the way.... Israel has nukes also.. or so it is said.

Now just what do you think Iran would do if they had Nukes?

England, France, Israel, Russia, China, Pakistan, India, and North Korea. I only see one on the list now that concerns me.
and that's Israel.....right,

FYI England does not have nukes its the UK, the UK's Trident sub base is in Scotland, so maybe when Scotland votes for independence from the UK we'll have a fully tartan nuke.

On a more serious note I'm yet to be convinced that Iran will pursue nukes and a policy of engagement with all the powers in the middle east would be sensible. The US also needs to separate its foreign policy from the blind defense of Israel. The US should put its own interests first ,not Israel's as it does now.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #78
Recycles dryer sheets

I went to Iran in February for 4 days. It was seriously amazing, the people were amazingly friendly and I had no issues what so ever.

I was in Tehran for a day and then up into the mountains for some skiing. I haven't met friendlier people in the middle east. I constantly got asked where I was from and without hesitation I said American. People were extremely happy to see people (Americans) visit their country. The food, the service, the hospitality in general was excellent. I would definitely go back.

Billman
Old 10-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #79

I've also found it's not Americans that others hate, but America. Frankly, I don't give much of a galdarn. I've never met people anywhere in the world who weren't just people, one on one.