Why do some old men wear their pants so high?..........

ex-Jarhead said:
Martha:  Next time you go to a restaurant, wear nothing but your high heels.  If he doesn't notice, please PM me right away. ;)

I heard recently that "naturism" is dying out in Northern Europe, because nudity has become commonplace in everyday life. Recently a supermarket manager in a Northern German city called police because a young woman was shopping in his store wearing nothing but a denim jacket. Naturally the police responded quickly. After having a careful look, they decided that she "was not a public nuisance", and she should be allowed to go ahead with her shopping. No charges were filed.  :)

When does the plane leave anyway?

Ha

Martha said:
DH is oblivious to what I wear or whether I cut my hair, etc. Not long ago we went out to eat. I changed my shirt right before I left. I looked down at myself at the restaurant and saw my shirt was on inside out. Mortifying! DH didn't even notice.

This was the message that got me going this morning. DW told me about it after the fact. She also left out alot of info: My usual response when she draws attention to something I don't notice is "Gosh, honey, why would I pay attention to your merely inside out T-shirt (or haircut or whatever) when I could pay attention to your beauty, charm, wit, et al. :) This used to work wonders--and erased untold numbers of inappropriate inattentions.

When DW was mortified (see above), I immediately told her to go to the bathroom and fix the problem. As she was leaving I even asked her if she needed help in the bathroom because there might be a possibility that her underware was on backwards too. I got the dirty look! I thought such assistance in the bathroom from a spouse would be appreciated. Not! She didn't even recognize the kindness and forethought I so thoughtfully displayed.

Later that evening I tried to get her to pay attention to my "et al," but she refused. Ladies, you can't live with them and you can't live . . . . What's a DH to do?

--Greg

HaHa said:
I heard recently that "naturism" is dying out in Northern Europe, because nudity has become commonplace in everyday life. Recently a supermarket manager in a Northern German city called police because a young woman was shopping in his store wearing nothing but a denim jacket. Naturally the police responded quickly. After having a careful look, they decided that she "was not a public nuisance", and she should be allowed to go ahead with her shopping. No charges were filed. :)

When does the plane leave anyway?

Ha
Ha - did you hear this in post 11 of this thread, perhaps? ;)

DanTien said:
Ha - did you hear this in post 11 of this thread, perhaps?  ;)

Looks like it. Talk about coming full circle!

Ha

Getting back to pants, if this horse is not considered dead yet....

The men with the high pants are not getting that much shorter. It's just that they're still wearing 1940's-1950's style pants, which have a much larger "rise" from crotch to waist. If you go try on some vintage suits, the pants will have the correct inseam, but the waist will be a couple inches higher. It was just the style. The "normal" rises you see on pants today are just a bounce-back from the hip-hugging 70's. Sadly, hip huggers are back. Way too much butt crack for me! :-X

-WW4B

Will Work 4 Beer said:
Sadly, hip huggers are back.  Way too much butt crack for me!
So, you're saying that today's low-rider crowd will be wearing the same styles in four or five decades-- when it'll be granny belly buttons & butt cracks?

Should we be buying stock in piercing & thong companies?

Will Work 4 Beer said:
Getting back to pants, if this horse is not considered dead yet....

The men with the high pants are not getting that much shorter.  It's just that they're still wearing 1940's-1950's style pants, which have a much larger "rise" from crotch to waist. 

We may not be beating a dead horse...........but rather a dead crotch........did I just say that? :angel:

SteveR said:
We may not be beating a dead horse...........but rather a dead crotch........did I just say that? :angel:
well, go ahead let the beating commence, just don't do this beating near me...

Nords said:
So, you're saying that today's low-rider crowd will be wearing the same styles in four or five decades-- when it'll be granny belly buttons & butt cracks?

Should we be buying stock in piercing & thong companies?

Aiyeee!

Actually I dont mind the low riders at all.

As long as they dont appear to be encasing a large blueberry muffin...

() said:
Hey, thanks, I'll be carrying that image around during this morning's grocery shopping...

DanTien, I give up. Who's the smiling face in your avatar today?

Nords said:
DanTien, I give up. Who's the smiling face in your avatar today?
Nords - its the
img_332166_0_a0d4ee2292318215b75221e6d6973665.jpg

"Nords, If you get me a dozen bran muffins, I will show you complete enlightenment and eternal bliss!"

() said:
Aiyeee!

Actually I dont mind the low riders at all.

I heard on the radio today that "muffin top" is the latest slang for those who bulge over their tight low riders.

Martha said:
I heard on the radio today that "muffin top" is the latest slang for those who bulge over their tight low riders.

Huh...I had heard the term was 'blueberry muffin'...maybe a minnesottter/kahliforneyah thing. Same approximate deal though! :)

Nothing more appealing than going to the 'cheap' supermarket and catching an eyeful of the 40-somethings who have been partying hard since they were 14, well painted in runny makeup trying to cover the sags and marks (along with that "I've done a lot of meth" look) and hair thats been dyed 500 times too many, wearing an outfit that most 14 year olds couldnt fit into, let alone would they consider wearing, with about 25lbs of unnecessary flesh hanging over the sides of the pants...completely obscuring where the waist of said pants might be.

Hell, they might not even be lowriders for all I know...

Back
Top Bottom