Why I live here...

Wasn't BBQ mentioned earlier in this thread? :whistle:

You would barbecue BAMBI!?! :eek: :2funny: You, you....:ROFLMAO:

For the next four months, I'll have no idea why we live here. :)

I have no idea why you live there at any time! :2funny: Just kidding. But I admit - - the rainless, hot Texas summers that I remember were pretty extreme and I think they are #1 on my list of reasons not to retire to Texas. Right up there with the property taxes.

I don't think it's the heat so much, as the fact that there simply is no break from it without afternoon rains in the summer. And in BCS, anyway, we didn't have those very often if at all. Everything turned brown and dead looking and that was at the beginning of the summer - - then it cooked all summer in the hot sun.

For the next four months, I'll have no idea why we live here. :)
For the same reason I wonder why I live here from late November until now.
Freeze and shovel 100" plus of snow up here or cook in heat and humidity and fend off fire ants and chiggers down there ?
We choose our own pain, yes? ;)

Here's 2 tiebreaker pictures (winter of 2008) to help us all decide...:LOL:
The green plastic wrapped thing is my pink BBQ, total height of approx 7 feet, shown earlier in this thread.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    980.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 0
For the same reason I wonder why I live here from late November until now.
Freeze and shovel 100" plus of snow up here or cook in heat and humidity and fend off fire ants and chiggers down there ?
We choose our own pain, yes? ;)
Wanna swap houses from May to October? :)

If you build it, they will come...

The mini vineyard is planted! :clap:
After 3 weeks of frost warnings every few days, I finally got my fledgling grapevines in the ground. In 2 or 3 years, I'll be munching on seedless table grapes.
Structure - see what happens when you let 2 technogeeks loose in the garden ?
And yes, dh2b used a level on the boards and posts. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Spring09Flowers 028.jpg
    Spring09Flowers 028.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • Spring09Flowers 029.jpg
    Spring09Flowers 029.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Just because others are...

I am starting to get much more interested in photography. I've had a P&S for many years, about to buy my first DSLR. Should be fun.

Attachments

• DSCN0170.JPG
    DSCN0170.JPG
    342.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0172.JPG
    DSCN0172.JPG
    405.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0178.JPG
    DSCN0178.JPG
    409 KB · Views: 0
Today after lunch we turned on our ceiling fans...
Had to shut the window briefly yesterday, rough.

Are those your dogs, Freebird? Beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_5077.JPG
    IMG_5077.JPG
    508.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5090.jpg
    IMG_5090.jpg
    715 KB · Views: 3
Cuppa - Yes, those are my 2 furry children near the snow bank.

I'd love to see a few more colorful pictures. I've been cropping mine closely to keep the size of the uploaded files smaller. Don't want to clog the pipes. :whistle:
Nature's beauty is a nice antidote to the bad news our world is so good at delivering.

I cant match the color and clarity through a window and screen, but here's a couple of pics of our new neighbor - probably a day old - he/she was a bit wobbly.

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

There is a cardinal nesting in my ficus plant directly outside the breakfast nook windows. She is spending a lot of time on the nest so I expect to see little ones soon. It's amazing to look out the window and directly into a bird's nest. It's also a bit annoying to have to avoid the walkway there when outside, so I'll be glad when the family is raised.

Here's 2 tiebreaker pictures (winter of 2008) to help us all decide...:LOL:
The green plastic wrapped thing is my pink BBQ, total height of approx 7 feet, shown earlier in this thread.

Perfect for venison BBQ! :LOL:

Is there a version of bambi, like veal?

Rather than posting individual pictures the link below is to the website I maintain for the subdivision. There are other gallery pictures if you click on the menu to the left of the pictures.

Miscellaneous

You know the type. There are the people that have never eaten at Coopers, drank a beer at Luckenbach, camped/caught a rainbow trout on the Guadalupe, been to a Burnet vs. Marble Falls HS football game, killed a deer, shot doves over a tank, or have ever been to the towns of Leakey, Junction, Uvalde, Doss, ect.
Having done all but one of the above, I don't think I fit the stereotype...:)

Having done all but one of the above, I don't think I fit the stereotype...:)

... shot doves over a tank...
Over a tank of what?

This reminds me of Hawaii visitors being told that they haven't seen the "real" Hawaii until they've visited California Avenue in Wahiawa on a Friday night... or a very early Saturday morning...

Last edited:
Nothing flammable - just a small pond that ranchers dig to provide water for their cattle.
I bet the cattle can't be happy with the water quality when the shooter splashes a dove...

Who retrieves the doves?

Back
Top Bottom