Why work has failed us: Because companies aren’t sharing the profits

I know it’s not going to work, but why don’t people who work here apologize to the general public. They need to say, they know They are serving bad food, they just can’t help it, but they need a job.

Your funny, you say its the peoples fault who work there. What about the people who eat there, cant they think for themselves. If we go by your logic we should also close down cigarette companies, night clubs for serving alcohol and promoting sex which cause diseases and unwanted pregnancies, auto repair facilities because oils and carcinogens can cause cancer. Computer jobs because it causes wrist issues and the new sitting is the new smoking phrase which creates unhealthy people. The people who are to blame are the people who chose not to think for themselves and not make a change.

Personal responsibility is a lost moral lodestar. Everything that happens to me is someone else's fault.

Personal responsibility is a lost moral lodestar. Everything that happens to me is someone else's fault.

Not everything. But unless a person lives in a vacuum in a universe of ONE (1) you cannot discount the external effects of all that is eternal to them. The Pareto Principle and the vaunted "Invisible Hand of the Marketplace" make it clear that all results are compelled from multiple factors, by definition outside of our control. When we are all 100% in total control of all inputs and conditions then we can be held responsible for outcomes.

I'll take whatever rapp I have coming but not a rapp more.

It is however trendy, late 20th Century to point a finger. Even the outrageously fortunate are doing it. Always somebody else's fault. Always somebody else harshing their billion dollar mellow. It sets a bad example and feeds the fuego of those with an actual reason to complain because they control far less in their lives.

Not much empathy for someone who chooses to live in one of the most gentrified places in the country. My DS and BIL make serious coin in the bay area. She's seven years older than me, and they are both still grinding out (likely to ~ 70).

If someone is only worth $11/hour (to an employer), go where the hell $11/hour is real money, or learn to be worth more than $11.

Life is not complicated, but it can be hard.

I kinda agree. People need to live within their means, how else can you live? For instance, I have a tenant, who rents a two bedroom apartment in a historic neighborhood, and complains about the cost of: rent, heating fuel, you name it. Then I find out, last week, that she's leasing a car!! --wait for it-- a Lexus!! I don't care what your job is and what tax advantage you think you get from a lease, of a Lexus, if you do such a foolish thing, you have zero business complaining to your landlord about the cost of rent. Make better decisions, like I did. My mother was a child during the depression, the real one, and she would never live beyond her means in a rent she can't afford, or is 'wasteful'. Me either.

I feel fortunate that I was born relatively healthy and had the IQ and enough parental support to go to college. But life might have turned out very different for me if I had been a foster kid turned out on my own at 18 or was mentally or physically disabled. I try to have a lot of empathy for those less fortunate, but for a few twists of fate I could be homeless or struggling myself.

Successful means nothing. They are a cost to society in terms of health cost. Maybe we should close all non healthy eating places. I’ve not been eating at this place for years. Why are people who work there not feel guilty for working there. They are feeding people junk food and still get paid at $11 an hour. They should be put in jail for harming the public, instead of coming here complaining they don’t get paid enough. Just my take on this.

You first. ;)

Please provide us with a list of everything you do and eat so that the people on this board can decide which things are unhealthy or undesirable that you will now have to cut out of your life. In addition, please provide a full accounting of your exercise routine so we can suggest changes to make you healthier.

Also provide a full list of all the non-essential purchases you have made over the last year so that we can advise you on which items you will no longer be allowed to buy. :D

I’m going to ignore comments toward me, it’s obvious people have not read the whole thread. Bye.

. Why are people who work there not feel guilty for working there. .

Control over a person's livelihood is control over a person's will. That's why. It's the whole problem involved with having to earn a living.

(Paraphrase of Alexander Hamilton)

Why are people who work there not feel guilty for working there.

For most of them I'm sure the idea has never once entered their mind.
For the few who've thought of it, I'm pretty sure they just don't care.
If I needed a $11 want-fries-with-that job, it's the last thing I'd care about.

Who's next? Bartenders?

How do you put somebody on ignore? Edit to add, I found it. Click on the name and put ignore.

Last edited:
Successful means nothing. They are a cost to society in terms of health cost. Maybe we should close all non healthy eating places. I’ve not been eating at this place for years. Why are people who work there not feel guilty for working there. They are feeding people junk food and still get paid at $11 an hour. They should be put in jail for harming the public, instead of coming here complaining they don’t get paid enough. Just my take on this.

And you are breathing the air in Southern California??:LOL:

I thought the air in So CAL was good. It is the air in LA that is supposed to be bad?

No, the South Coast is not in compliance with particulates (PM 2.5) and ozone. But they have a Plan. And every 10 years the State Implementation Plan for compliance with standards is updated.

It's all those darn cars and PM for gasoline cars has not been addressed. But, no fear, particulate control on gasoline vehicles is coming to a car you will buy soon. That will make the complicated cars even more complicated and expensive to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom