Why you chose your computer i.d. & what does it mean?

My first name and initial of my last name. Guess I wasn't very creative. I have another one, any way I can change my user name and keep my post count?

Back in the early 90's when the internet was heating up, one of the first of the free web based e-mail services was mail.com.

I tried getting Saluki (my college mascot) but it was taken, not only that, but 1-8 was taken too.

I was assigned saluki9 and I stuck with it, I have too many other things to remember.

Odd that I asked this just after it was already posted on this board. My apologies! I honestly didn't even see it before. Damn this cold I have!!!! So sorry...

My first name is David and I was born in 1961.
Does "1961" count as four numbers or just one? Either way, I guess I'm a troublemaker

Last edited:
Because I have only a few months left until ER! I think I'll request a change once I'm over on the other side.

I don't have to worry about mine being taken since its fairly unique and its gaelic for banshee. I liked the sound of the word and it stuck with me (very similar pronunciation to cognac.) I also picked it at a time of my life when everyone seemed to be dying on me and well, banshees tend to proceed death so it fit. I am not nearly so pessimistic now but it is sort of a reminder to live my life since you never know how long you have.

Mine is the initials of an old Tommy Dorsey song, I'm Getting Sentimental Over You, which probably only trombone players would recognize in initial form.

My computer ID is AMNGMPAS87715-L.bp1.ad.bp.com

and it was assigned by desktop support a couple of years ago

Back
Top Bottom