Wife from Russia (or Eastern Europe)?

pedorrero

Recycles dryer sheets
I lately have been enamored by the idea of obtaining a [-]wench[/-] wife from a former Warsaw-Pact country. I spent all of 2008 at the university, drooling over the young women. Among the stand-outs were a Russki (already taken); there is also an Albanian worth investigating, but she was taking 20 credit hours and appears already on the ambition track. Add to the mix I have a 20-something relative who is attending university in Estonia and (his fault) he told me about russianbrides.com (one of many such services). Anyway, lots of pitfalls here, but much opportunity too. Any pointers on importing a :duh: ? At the least, I am hoping to have a nice trip to Europe next summer :p

I've already got one of those wife thingys.....how about
upstairsmaid.com?.....don't suppose they actually HAVE
those.....and of course, I couldn't afford it anyway :D

Sounds like a great idea to me

after all, what could possibly go wrong?

Mike D.

Nyet!

If you want a wench, it is cheaper by the hour.
coolsmiley.gif

All women who enjoy being called a 'wench' please raise your hand... :rolleyes:

All women who enjoy being called a 'wench' please raise your hand... :rolleyes:

I doubt most beginning english speakers are going to get the subtext that the word is offensive. Taken from the original meaning it just meant young woman or toddler.

In all seriousness, don't do it. The two guys at work who did won't say they regret it, but the culture shock, the lack of clear communication, the fact she has no friends in this country but you, the fact the neighborhood stay at home spouses will probably not try too hard to reach out to her, all add up to a very challenging relationship. It wasn't long before they started asking the husbands to work their a**es off to get more of their family members into America. The idea of it sounds neat, but the reality is they're just a person like you, and for some reason they really want to leave where they are. I'm sure that means some baggage is coming with her...

I say do it. Then there will likely be another nice looking divorced woman living in relative leisure being supported by her ex-husband.

But more seriously, if you are attracted to young good looking women who don't understand your language very well or your culture at all, try doing what Hobo recommends- move to some archipelago, marry a young woman, and get a $300 divorce if it doesn't work out.

Just don't under any circumstances bring her here, where your divorce will likely cost you $1 million+.

Ha

I lately have been enamored by the idea of obtaining a [-]wench[/-] wife from a former Warsaw-Pact country. I spent all of 2008 at the university, drooling over the young women. Among the stand-outs were a Russki (already taken); there is also an Albanian worth investigating, but she was taking 20 credit hours and appears already on the ambition track. Add to the mix I have a 20-something relative who is attending university in Estonia and (his fault) he told me about russianbrides.com (one of many such services). Anyway, lots of pitfalls here, but much opportunity too. Any pointers on importing a :duh: ? At the least, I am hoping to have a nice trip to Europe next summer :p

I think it would be MUCH CHEAPER to invest in a Rosetta Stone language course and become fluent in Russian. That will no doubt give you an advantage........:D

Previat........

Back in the early 90s, I went to Russia once for business, and than once for a several week vacation. I fell in love (ok lust) with my beautiful blonde translator, and I had a several conversations about Russian mail order brides with various people. None of the Russians had good things to say about the businesses. Although my translator did know a girl that signuped with a service.

On the other hand I know I couple of guys who married Filipino mail order brides and they are pretty damn happy, and I can certainly understand why.

I am horrible with languages but Russian seems like a particularly tough one to learn.
But a trip to Russia to meet a potential Russian bride might be fun, just keep in mind that they'll love you for your pocketbook. But you knew that.

Just don't under any circumstances bring her here, where your divorce will likely cost you $1 million+.

Ha

Agreed - i suppose one could get a pre-nup - but it could probably be easily/craftily challenged by a sharpie divorce lawyer due to "language difficulties" & even if printed in the bride's native language due to "cultural misunderstanding"

yeh.. pedorrero.. horrible to contemplate: a wife with ambition outside the bedroom/kitchen.

Tho' you don't deserve it, my serious advice is to troll cultures where females are more traditionally subservient. From what I have heard of Russian immigrant ladies they will make mincemeat out of you. They are pretty savvy about "working the system".. to a really enviable extent (significant 2nd-hand info). No flies on them, as my granddad would say.

Gee, In FL there aren't enough avail. [-]wenches[/-] ladies?? Go figure.

yeh.. pedorrero.. horrible to contemplate: a wife with ambition outside the bedroom/kitchen.

Tho' you don't deserve it, my serious advice is to troll cultures where females are more traditionally subservient. From what I have heard of Russian immigrant ladies they will make mincemeat out of you. They are pretty savvy about "working the system".. to a really enviable extent (significant 2nd-hand info). No flies on them, as my granddad would say.

Gee, In FL there aren't enough avail. [-]wenches[/-] ladies?? Go figure.

Today America - tomorrow the cheeseburger.

Ahem - I be old enough to remember the Japanese and German 'war brides' in the neighborhood growing up. Pat Morita(Karate Kid) used to do a standup comedy routine about the Japanese woman in America - 'I want a new pink refrigerator!.'

Don't matter who - I watched the Vietnamese Village(1975-2005) near me - once they learn about America and cheeseburgers - you're gonna be in trouble.

heh heh heh - and one has to be careful overseas - America is not just a place - it's a state of mind. :rolleyes: :D

I say do it. Then there will likely be another nice looking divorced woman living in relative leisure being supported by her ex-husband.

But more seriously, if you are attracted to young good looking women who don't understand your language very well or your culture at all, try doing what Hobo recommends- move to some archipelago, marry a young woman, and get a $300 divorce if it doesn't work out.

Ha

Be thankful you're not an NFL star. Was channel surfing a week ago and came across a show on some "diva" who claims to need 20-30 million from her NFL-star ex to support, if not exceed, her current lifestyle. She delivered that statement with the most expert of eye rolling. She went on to say men are intimidated because she's a successful woman who obvious "has it going on." Before seeing the segment, I have never heard of her in fashion, music, or business, so I'm not exactly sure what kind of "diva" she was unless her lifestyle alone defined her as a diva. It was the scariest show I have ever seen on television.

Be thankful you're not an NFL star. Was channel surfing a week ago and came across a show on some "diva" who claims to need 20-30 million from her NFL-star ex to support, if not exceed, her current lifestyle. She delivered that statement with the most expert of eye rolling. She went on to say men are intimidated because she's a successful woman who obvious "has it going on." Before seeing the segment, I have never heard of her in fashion, music, or business, so I'm not exactly sure what kind of "diva" she was unless her lifestyle along defined her as a diva. It was the scariest show I have ever seen on television.

One more instance where I give heartfelt thanks that I am just a peckerwood. :)

ha

Back
Top Bottom