Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeyy_joe View Post
A contact lens that does everything your smartphone can do now controlled by eye blinks- social networking is here to stay but will become somewhat invisible.
What heeyy_joe said...

Yes, Social networking will be around in 15 years, but I am guessing it will not look anything at all like it does today....
Look at the timeline... (ok, it may not be perfect... but you get the idea...)

60 years ago you ... Wrote a letter
45 years ago you ... Typed a letter
30 years ago you ... Called on the phone
15 years ago you ... Sent an email
Today you ... Send a text/Facebook post
15 years from now it will just be faster and smaller...
ChiliPepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
My experience is that as we age, we have trouble putting things down and forgetting where we left them. To stay connected, we'll need to give up the hand-held and worn-on-the-body devices in favor of something implanted.

Amethyst
I agree....

I just hope whatever implanted in me works well. I'd hate to pass gas, the wires get crossed, a spark ensues and I burst into flames.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepr View Post
15 years from now it will just be faster and smaller...
I sure hope it comes with an "off" switch....
Old 05-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #24

As the mother of a 13 year old - I can tell you he has no interest in Facebook. Youtube is a different thing.... he has his own youtube channel and loves making and posting videos about various video games.

He does not have instant access to the world via 3g/4g on his phone because I haven't enabled data on it. (He can access wifi at home - and can text call when he doesn't have wifi.) He would use the data service for playing games - and I'd rather he pay attention to schoolwork.

He told me facebook was only for moms these days - none of his friends have accounts.
rodi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
As the mother of a 13 year old - I can tell you he has no interest in Facebook. Youtube is a different thing.... he has his own youtube channel and loves making and posting videos about various video games.

He told me facebook was only for moms these days - none of his friends have accounts.
Yes but FB is only one social media platform. Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and many others I don't know about (and favored by the young) are going strong. Social media in general has a promising future whatever form it takes.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

No doubt 'social media" will last. But will our society be able to endure the personal traits it favors?

Ha
Old 05-22-2014, 12:33 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
My experience is that as we age, we have trouble putting things down and forgetting where we left them. To stay connected, we'll need to give up the hand-held and worn-on-the-body devices in favor of something implanted.
Quote:
I agree....

I just hope whatever implanted in me works well. I'd hate to pass gas, the wires get crossed, a spark ensues and I burst into flames.
Hmm... I wonder if a spark-arresting muffler would work? An EPA-approved device, like what the Forest Service mandates on ATVs to prevent forest fires?

Anyway, when technology gets that advanced, I am sure they will find a way to solve this delicate problem.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote