Willie Nelson still doing it his way

My first thought was he admitted to the possession to keep everyone else out of trouble. Jail for 6 ounces...

That's rough. Sounds like his career has gone up in smoke.

I doubt his bus travels as the only car in the entourage. I wonder why he does not just stash his goodies in another car and offload the risk (for a price) or just arrange to get what he needs at each stop.

Have you heard this:
29. HE SMOKED POT ON THE ROOF OF THE WHITE HOUSE.
He played a concert there in 1978, then accepted President Jimmy Carter’s invitation to stay the night. Before turning in, he wandered up to the roof to enjoy “a fat Austin torpedo.” When Blender mentions the incident, he pleads, “My short-term memory is so bad I don’t remember that. I’ll check with Jimmy, see if he remembers.”

33 Things You Should Know About Willie Nelson - Blender

Willie Nelson is a giant in the performing artist world and has an astonishing depth of talent. I've had the pleasure of occasionally crossing paths with him and frankly find it sad that the border patrol can't find something more productive to do than hassle an aging musician. OTOH, he lives by his own set of rules - unfortunately they don't seem to agree with those in Texas. We all make our own choices..

JMHO, but I'd be shocked if Willie does any time. Even though they busted him (again) Willies well thought of down here in Texas. I'll believe it when I see it...it would be like turning the Alamo into a Motel 6. Willie's a Texas icon!

Expert Says - FoxNews.com
Seems kinda oxymoronic to me...

Nelson managed to work out his little tax problems with the IRS sans jail time. I think it'd be a little easier to deal on six ounces.

This doesn't seem to be a situation that the DEA and the War on Drugs want to turn into the poster child for pot martyrdom. How much jail time did Paris Hilton & Lindsay Lohan get for their drug crimes?

Last edited:
Note that it was the feds (Border Patrol), not TX law enforcement, responsible for the bust.

That said, the sticking point on "finding appropriate justice" regarding Willie is the fact this is his third pot bust and potential conviction. Difficult to keep turning a blind eye. By contrast he's only been caught cheating on his taxes once...

That said, the sticking point on "finding appropriate justice" regarding Willie is the fact this is his third pot bust and potential conviction. Difficult to keep turning a blind eye. By contrast he's only been caught cheating on his taxes once...

I heard he was smoking that stuff medicinally. As a cure for sobriety.

I like Willie's music, however, I will not shed a tear if they throw him in the can. Drugs are illegal. You pay your money and take you chances. In this case he lost, and just like anyone else should pay the consequences.

I like Willie's music, however, I will not shed a tear if they throw him in the can. Drugs are illegal. You pay your money and take you chances. In this case he lost, and just like anyone else should pay the consequences.

Not saying he shouldn't or won't be tossed in the pokey, but I'll be surprised if it happens.

Willie Nelson smokes pot:confused:? Who knew?:rolleyes::LOL:

This is kinda like the FBI spending money on busting The Circuit which is a bunch of Madams that ship girls from city to city to work, listening to wiretaps and bugging brothels during 9/11. Boy! Did the FBI ever get a fanny chewing from that one. If it hadn't been during 9/11, it would have been more amusing.

(I say "Free Willie".....we got terrorists here that are a bigger issue and better way to spend taxpayer's money.)

I wonder why the gubment didn't throw old Joe Kennedy in the pokey when he was making and selling hooch during the Depression then...and don't say they didn't know it. :cool: And then America goes on to "revere" those Kennedys....good grief...double standard.

So, I assume that those of you who believe the border patrol should have waved his bus through and ignored the odor coming from the bus is OK. That selective enforcement of the law is fine with you.

So Joe paid off someone, well that's news, and I guess that makes it OK for Willie? What sort of reasoning is that? The biggest problem with drugs in this country is we accept those that do drugs as victims and not part of the problem. As long as to tolerate sports stars, entertainers, and others in the spot light with regards to their past and present drug use, we will never solve the problem. Either legalize it or enforce the law.

So, I assume that those of you who believe the border patrol should have waved his bus through and ignored the odor coming from the bus is OK. That selective enforcement of the law is fine with you.

Yeah, I would kinda be ok with it. Six ounces for a bunch of folks sounds like having a good time, not some major felony or intent to distribute or anything.

Given the tens of thousands of dollars this will cost taxpayers (if he goes free), seems like "in these difficult economic times" we could find a better place to spend the cash. If he ends up in jail, I imagine it will cost taxpayers even more.

You ever get stopped for a moving traffic violation and not get a ticket?

I know! This law is only meant to affect black and latino male teenagers, using a criminal record to ruin their hope of a productive future, not to harass affluent, white senior citizens! Sheesh!

Back
Top Bottom