Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It is hard to know now what Windows 10 will or will not offer us. So often I hear people say that thus-and-such doesn't work well for them only to find out it is because they're still using Windows XP or some previous release. So while we may be happy with the way things are now, time will pass anyway, and what gives us our happiness now may move on requiring us to keep up or take responsibility for our own disappointment that we didn't.
But I hate change!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #22

From what I have read, Windows Media Center will be gone, and no way to get it back if you upgrade. Here is one article.

R.I.P., Windows Media Center | ZDNet

Old 06-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Received this link from my son...
[Sponsored] Arm Your PC with the Best New Media Player it Deserves!

About an hour later he sent a follow up to tell me he had installed it but was having problems with crashes.

Will be interesting to see how this all rolls out.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMan View Post
From what I have read, Windows Media Center will be gone, and no way to get it back if you upgrade. Here is one article.

R.I.P., Windows Media Center | ZDNet

Not that I was planning to upgrade, but the only Windows PC I have is used solely for Media Center. I also have Media Center extenders so we can watch on our TVs. I've had this setup for over a decade and it's worked well. Nowadays only my wife uses it to watch local evening news in the morning. Everything else we can stream from our Amazon/Apple device. Naturally I won't be upgrading to Win10, but ideally I'd like to figure out an alternative solution and ditch Win7/Media Center completely.