Windows 7 Configuration Question

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Can anyone tell me how to configure Win 7 so that it either does not go into automatic sleep mode when it decides that the computer is not being used, or alternatively how to make the latency longer before it does this.

I am trying a backup system with some bugs and I would like to have it back up when I am not trying to use the computer, but every time I try this the computer just goes into sleep mode and the backup starts again when I re-awaken the computer.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Ha

Ha,
Go to Control Panel and select Power Options. Under Power Options, select Change when the computer sleeps.

Ha,
Go to Control Panel and select Power Options. Under Power Options, select Change when the computer sleeps.

Wow! Thank you Mr. IBWino. Computer operation unfortunately is pretty much a mystery to me.

on my Dell laptop, I can either click on the battery icon for options or go to control panel and select adjust commonly used mobility settings.

YMMV, but it will be in Control Panel somewhere.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 0
Wow! Thank you Mr. IBWino. Computer operation unfortunately is pretty much a mystery to me.

Your welcome, I hope it works. FYI, I'm no computer expert either, I just happened to know the answer because I had a similar problem with the computer going to sleep before I wanted it to.

Alan's suggestion may be more appropriate if you have a laptop.

Regards,
Wino

Back
Top Bottom