Windsor vs Half Windsor knot

I may be one of the few still around here who doesn't have a dirty mind. :)

Windsor tie

I believe the Windsor tie gets its name from that sartorial dandy, the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII who abdicated the English throne in 1936 to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson. The duke was a light-weight in everything except splendid dress and embarrassing his family, and I forget who said it, but it was proposed to give Mrs. Simpson a medal for ridding the throne of such a dunce(and Nazi sympathizer) prior to the outbreak of WWII when a real leader was needed.

I may be one of the few still around here who doesn't have a dirty mind. :)

Yeah, and Rich in Tampa has 1000 acres of swampland he wants to sell ya for a GREAT PRICE........;)

However...some of us might be interested in a view of the lack thereof.

Oops, I violated man space again. :greetings10:

No violation, "Commando" was my given name in college.......:LOL::whistle:

By violating man space, I meant I was posting on a thread about....urk...ties. That is definitely man space.

Sooooooooo...guess why this thread is useless? :cool:

Yeah, I know. I'm starting to feel like a craiglist personal ad: "Your pic gets mine"..........:rolleyes:

No longer useless...

Attachments

• tie-napkins.jpg
    tie-napkins.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2
With my 17.5 x 35 shirt size, most ties are only long enough for a half-windsor.To me, nothing looks goofier than a short tie on a big guy...

I agree. I'm 6'3" and always had trouble getting the tie long enough. I was told that the tie should reach down to your belt buckle. I looked at the description of the "four-in-hand" knot and think I must have tied a "two-in-hand" (??) because I only crossed the large end over one time. Made for an even smaller knot the the tie was longer. The full Windsor used up too much material so the tie too short. I didn't like it. When purchasing a tie I always looked for the longest one I could find. There is a difference. Don't fret over that any longer. Think I have two ties but not sure I could find them.

Ohhhhhhhh, never play chicken with a lady NYer. :cool:
Accelerator will go to the floor every time.

I ain't afraid of no New Yorker, after a few drinks my Brooklyn accent comes out........:LOL:

Consider the combination of gender, zip code, and the fact that my feisty-meter is pegged today...be vewy vewy cahefuw (Elmer Fudd voice). ;)

Besides, I got backup in TX. Mwah ha ha...

Baby got backup?

This thread got all tied up....

Hmmmm...did someone mention TX? :whistle:

Welcome, bbam1! I knew there would be NO WAY you could stay away from a thread chock-full-of innuendo ...

Back
Top Bottom