Join Early Retirement Today

Wireless, BlueTooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones
Old 02-27-2017, 07:23 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Wireless, BlueTooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones

Looking for information on them.

I've been thinking about getting a pair. Do I have to spend $300?
HadEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #2

The Bose QC35 are probably the best, but at $349 overpriced. A quick Amazon search for bluetooth noise cancelling headphones shows a few other options for around $100 with lots of solid reviews. I haven't had a chance to try any of them out yet.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #3

Not noise-canceling per se, but I've been happy with these:

JBL Reflect Mini Bluetooth In-Ear Sport Headphones
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:38 AM   #4

Back in my road warrior days, the kids gave me a pair of Bose noise-canceling headphones for Christmas one year. I traveled across the Pacific 5-6 times per year back then and those headphones helped me survive. I don't think I've touched them since retiring, not even sure where they are. But I'd definitely take them on a long flight again. I have a nice pair of Shure in-ear headphones that I use regularly.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:42 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I have these from Cowin and am happy with them. Only $70. They are a bit bulky, but fold up a bit and fit easily into a backpack. I have used them on flights. The noise cancellation is OK, not terrific. I use them regularly at home without the noise cancellation and they pair quickly and are relatively comfortable. Sound quality is decent for my old ears. (Your mileage may vary.) USB charge that seems to last for at least 10 hours. (I've never tested it). Bose were tempting but too pricey.
tomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:55 PM   #6

I bought this Sony set from Costco $99.99) and just took them on their first 8h trans Atlantic trip. I'm quite pleased with them - I used to have a Bose set (wired, not Bluetooth like the Sony) and the NC ability of the Sony is far superior

https://www.costco.com/Sony-MDRZX770...100215734.html
euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro View Post
I bought this Sony set from Costco $99.99) and just took them on their first 8h trans Atlantic trip. I'm quite pleased with them - I used to have a Bose set (wired, not Bluetooth like the Sony) and the NC ability of the Sony is far superior

https://www.costco.com/Sony-MDRZX770...100215734.html

I bought this same set for DW and she likes them a lot. Only down side is that they turn off after about 20 minutes when used as noise canceling only.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #8

thanks everyone.
HadEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote