Wireless Mouse Suggestions

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I could spend hours researching this....or just ask seek advice from the wise members here.

I have a laptop with a touchpad that I find awkward and prefer a mouse but the wired one I am using is a tangled mess.

If you're using a Mac, I love the Magic Mouse 2.
I've used one for years. The flexibility of a trackpad and the ease of a mouse.

Logitech 325. If you don’t care about color or silly design, Amazon has for as little as 10.90. If you have giant hands it could be a little too small.

Logitech 325. If you don’t care about color or silly design, Amazon has for as little as 10.90. If you have giant hands it could be a little too small.

I use an older model but Logitech 325 or the updated model will be my next buy when mine stops working.

The little Logitechs are really nice. Fit my hand well and small enough to throw in the laptop bag. Any office supply store will have them. If the price point is too high note the model number and order online

I think I have the M185

I have a Logitech M185 mouse and K270 keyboard...I got them as a set at least 6 months ago and in spite of heavy daily use haven't had to change batteries in either. They also have a nice long range and they have worked flawlessly from day 1.

Logitech M705. You can use this high-performance mouse with either one or two AA batteries, depending on how light you want it to be. Fits small-medium sized hands well. I use a NiMH rechargeable battery.

I have a Logitech M185 mouse and K270 keyboard...I got them as a set at least 6 months ago and in spite of heavy daily use haven't had to change batteries in either. They also have a nice long range and they have worked flawlessly from day 1.

Do the mouse and keyboard use separate USB ports?

I love my Logitech M515 "couch mouse". Works well on about any surface. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore. Anyone know of anything similar that works on the arm of a couch and places like that so well?

I love my Logitech M515 "couch mouse". Works well on about any surface. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore. Anyone know of anything similar that works on the arm of a couch and places like that so well?

The wireless mice from both DW's and my laptops work great on the couch, on your knee, whatever. Mine is a Logitech (never knew that until I looked) but there's no number on it. I'm wondering if the old couch mouse was from when mice had rollers instead of lasers. Those didn't work well on cloth.

What I can't find any more is the old IBM thinkpads (and others) used to come with a little "pencil eraser" in the middle of the keyboard, between the home keys. You'd use it to push the pointer around just by giving it a little nudge in the right direction. It's by far the easiest pointing device for touch typists.

But since we're a dying breed, they don't make these any more. So I'm forced to a wireless mouse. The touch pads are worse than useless, they actually cause erratic pointer movements.

+1 on the Logitech recommendation. I use a docking station for my Windows laptop and a single USB dongle plugs into the docking station. I use the wireless mouse and keyboard along with a 27” monitor, so the whole setup feels like a desktop installation.

Logitech makes many wireless mouses. I recently needed a new one and just bought a cheap M170 on ebay for about $7 delivered. Single AA and works great for simple web browsing and clicking stuff.

Apple MM2 is awesome. Logitech makes good ones as well. I bought a $50, 2AAA battery one 10 years ago and it still works great. Just MM is better with the new iMac.

+1 on the Logitech recommendation. I use a docking station for my Windows laptop and a single USB dongle plugs into the docking station. I use the wireless mouse and keyboard along with a 27” monitor, so the whole setup feels like a desktop installation.

Most TV's these days have HDMI and/or VGA inputs, so with a wireless keyboard and mouse it becomes very easy to use the TV as a computer as monitor. I still have a regular tower and made this post from my favourite TV watching chair using my 65" TV as the monitor.

The wireless mice from both DW's and my laptops work great on the couch, on your knee, whatever. Mine is a Logitech (never knew that until I looked) but there's no number on it. I'm wondering if the old couch mouse was from when mice had rollers instead of lasers. Those didn't work well on cloth.

What I can't find any more is the old IBM thinkpads (and others) used to come with a little "pencil eraser" in the middle of the keyboard, between the home keys. You'd use it to push the pointer around just by giving it a little nudge in the right direction. It's by far the easiest pointing device for touch typists.

But since we're a dying breed, they don't make these any more. So I'm forced to a wireless mouse. The touch pads are worse than useless, they actually cause erratic pointer movements.

The couch mouse has a laser. The rollers were good until they got dirty.

I liked that little red pencil eraser too. Far better than the touch pad. I've turned mine off when I have a mouse connected. There's an option somewhere for that.

My Logitech corded mouse (M500) is great.

The best feature is a wheel that, with a push of the button, can be set to roll freely or to be constrained (click). The former ("hyperfast scroll") is great for shooting to the top or bottom of a screen.

It also has several programmable buttons.

Maybe there's a wireless mouse that has those features. I stopped using wireless mice because it's a bother when the batteries run out.

Another vote for the Logitech. I have the M510. It came with the K350 wireless keyboard. I've a couple other wireless mice at work and I can tell you that since they went to using a laser (instead of the wheel), they all work great. Also, they are in the price range where it's not that big of a deal if you get one and don't like it to just get another one. I like the wheel on the M510 - most have one now and the wheel is great for scrolling.

I stopped using wireless mice because it's a bother when the batteries run out.

They last a lot longer these days. When not used for a while they go on standby to save battery life and you just hit a key or move the mouse to re-activate. One of the Logitech models claims to last 18 months. I'm sure there are several others that will last well over a year as well.

I'd need 15 foot cables if my mouse and keyboard weren't cordless, plus there'd be cables to trip over every time I got up.

I like the wheel on the M510 - most have one now and the wheel is great for scrolling.

A couple tips:

For those who are unaware, the scroll wheel can be adjusted to suit your preference...for example, 1 click of the wheel can be set to scroll 1 line, or 3 lines, 6 lines, etc.

On many of them you can push down on the wheel and it puts a temporary icon on the page that has up and down arrows. Then you just move the mouse to scroll...the further you get from the icon the faster it scrolls.

Back
Top Bottom