Join Early Retirement Today
Wireless Speaker Help
Old 10-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Wireless Speaker Help

I'm very tempted to buy this wireless speaker set-up for my house. I want to connect it to my computer but I think I'm going to to need some sort of additional adapter between the transmitter base and my computer. I'm also concerned with interference with my home Wi-Fi set-up along with my cordless phone. Does anyone know how this works? (Edit by moderator to shrink URL)

fuzzy? cute?
cube_rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Wireless Speaker Help
Old 10-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #2

The product description indicates that they use 900MHz. That won't interfere with WiFi. It may interfere with your phone, depending on the band and channel your phone uses.

wabmester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #3

If someone else near you also gets 900mhz speakers, headphones, telephone or WI FI, you could get to hear theirs on yours and vice versa. Most have channels you can select to get on a sideband to avoid this but there are a lot of these kinds of things that use this frequency.

My phones are all wireless but I put them on 5.6 ghz so they have greater range and less interference. I also have a set of wireless headphones in the bedroom for late night TV watching so I don't disturb the spousal unit and a couple of pairs or TV video/audio transmitters to beam my Dishnetwork to a couple of TVs that I don't connect to the dish box. (cost savings measure and no wires to run).

Give them a try and see for a couple of days. Keep the boxes in case you need to take them back. Try them out at different times of the day to see if you have any interference. Just realize that someone else can pick up your signal on these and you would not know it. 8)
Work? I don't have time to work....I'm retired.
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote