Woman prefer a Male U.S. President

ferco

Recycles dryer sheets
I've thought about this question for a while. Let's assume there are more eligible female voters in the U.S. than males. Let's asssume more eligible females vote than eligible males. Then can we draw the conclusion that IF females wanted a female president they based strictly on numbers of voters (not counting males who might vote for a female), could get a female elected, but have heretofore chosen not to.

I don't know the real numbers off hand, but intuitively this reasoning makes sense. I do know women tend to live longer than men and that more females are born than males.

But how many females have made it to the point where voting for them is an option?

I'm hoping we're at the point where most Americans don't care if the candidate is male, female, black, white, left handed or right handed. How about the most qualified candidate regardless of plumbing?

samclem said:
I'm hoping we're at the point where most Americans don't care if the candidate is male, female, black, white, left handed or right handed. How about the most qualified candidate regardless of plumbing?

You're kidding right?

I know plenty of sexist women. :-[

I've met a fair number of women who hate working for a female boss...

Martha said:
You're kidding right?

I know plenty of sexist women. :-[

Maybe I just hope I'm right.

The worst boss I ever had was a female, and one of the best was female. Good or bad, male or female, I never figured their good/bad performance was due to their sex.

OTOH, there are a lot of folks swooning over Obama right now, due largely to the fact that he is black (would a white candidate with a resume this short be getting atttention? Honestly . . .) So, if skin pigment is enough to influence people's evaluation of person's suitability for office, i shouldn't be surprised that a candidate's gender matters to many.

We've still got a long way to go . . .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom