Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Did you know that the word "bra" comes from the French "brassiere" ?

And now I am waiting for ERD50 to come in and contradict me :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koogie View Post
Here in Canada we're a little more relaxed and European in our approach (but not completely). Of course it could just be me and my circle of friends but we refer to bras by their original German name "Schtopenfloppens"

;o)
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
Oh the tales that the back seat of that '55 Chevy could tell...
mickeyd's trip down mammary lane?
Old 04-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #43
gone traveling

this thread started downhill-and has gone farther downhill. seems like some of mine that eventually get locked or deleted.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #44
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgyn65 View Post
I beg to disagree. I have never seen blurred images of breasts of French TV when I lived there, unlike here. No problem about women breastfeeding in public. Being topless on beaches is common practice.

Anyone doing this type of research here would be called a pervert!

Honestly it feels like the WASP, Puritan thing is still very much present in the US culture.
Oby, read the link in the first post. It really is a French Professor doing research in a French University on French students.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #45

I will no longer post under this thread, no problem. I don't want to offend anyone..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
this thread started downhill-and has gone farther downhill. seems like some of mine that eventually get locked or deleted.
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
She is also the 8th wonder of the world She wants sex 5 times daily.

Ha
Old 04-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

The good professor should have done some measurements in countries where women do not wear breast supports.

For example Ghana or the Ivory Coast. Habits may have changed, but when I spent some time there, most women just wrapped a sheet around themselvels just above their breasts. The young ones did point north proudly. Estimationg ages, around thirty or so the headlights definitely were pointing south, or more correctly towards terra firma.

It would behoove the good prof to repeat his measuremnts in locales where no support is used, and publish the results... My guess much of Africa would quaify. He could try Afghanistan as well, though unlikely he'd live to tell.

Edit add: Angola was pretty similiar in woman's wear.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #48
Recycles dryer sheets

Even at my age it seems almost pitiful that one should take for granted the beauty of the anatomy of the opposite sex and in particular beautiful female breasts.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha

Ha
Maybe I am just too old, but she would kick me to the curb in 2 days max...No way could I keep up with her or anyone 5 times a day.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Maybe I am just too old, but she would kick me to the curb in 2 days max...No way could I keep up with her or anyone 5 times a day.
You and me both. But maybe if we drank lots of fluids? Energy drinks? Or maybe she could make do with 15 geezers, serially? Kind of like a pitching rotation? Just try to get your tatas to kill me Honey!

Ha
Old 04-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #51
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgyn65 View Post
....I can confirm that spending time on European beaches and watching topless women from a very early age desensitized me. I know colleagues in continental Europe feel the same. I also know guys here will find it hard to believe, but it is simply the truth.
That would seem to answer your own question, "why and what is the US men's fascination with breasts" -- American puritan attitudes stifle desensitization.

Much has been speculated & written about the reasons, e.g.:
scholarly: men's fascination with breasts - Google Search

Tyro
Old 04-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #52
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
... and her BF, who signals when he's had enough by [poking] her on the leg, is named "Chris Willgoose"?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #53
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
That would seem to answer your own question, "why and what is the US men's fascination with breasts" -- American puritan attitudes stifle desensitization.

Much has been speculated & written about the reasons, e.g.:
scholarly: men's fascination with breasts - Google Search

Tyro
There are two other rounded portions of the human anatomy that women seem to admire.

Shouldn't we also be asking, what's up with women's fascination with the male buttocks....and how lucky we are to have breasts and buttocks?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #54
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letj View Post

By 25, many tribal African women have had 5 or 6 children, all of whom had been breast fed for a year or more. It is primarily the way they feed their babies; the way babies were meant to be fed and the main reason for the existence of breasts on mammals.
Yet another reason I will never have children, floppy boobies!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #55
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha
You and me both. But maybe if we drank lots of fluids? Energy drinks? Or maybe she could make do with 15 geezers, serially? Kind of like a pitching rotation? Just try to get your tatas to kill me Honey!

Ha
Another option to the pitching rotation could be a wrestling ring. Remember the "tag team" wrestling days? Could line us old geezers outside the ring and watch the old timer in front of you staggering to reach you for a tag to escape the ring with what's left of his life.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Another option to the pitching rotation could be a wrestling ring. Remember the "tag team" wrestling days? Could line us old geezers outside the ring and watch the old timer in front of you staggering to reach you for a tag to escape the ring with what's left of his life.
Never had interest in sloppy seconds.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #57
Give me a forum ...

If I were designing an experiment to measure breast sag, I'd do it differentially i.e. each woman would have one breast in a bra and the other out. Some would have the "out" one be on the left and some on the right. Might require some careful bra design to accomplish this.

I would do all the measurements myself to insure complete accuracy. There would be counseling offered after the study finished, of course.

I'm now accepting funding and volunteers for this important research project.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #58

This thread is worthless without pictures.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #59
Give me a forum ...

I am trying to saty abreast of this situation........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Old 04-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #60
Give me a forum ...

Warning: might contain brief exposures of mammalian protuberances (Thanks, FZ).

...not doing anything of true substance...
Closed Thread