Wonderlic Test - sorry U of T fans

laurence

Moderator Emeritus
So the rumors are spreading that Vince Young's stock is falling after the NFL combines, in no small part because he scored a 6 on the Wonderlic test. I had no idea what that was, so I looked it up, ends up it's the NFL's quick and rough estimate of I.Q.

After doing some research, I found out John Elway scored a 30 (relatively good, since the max is 50) yet Dan Marino scored a 16 (relatively poor, but there is no doubt he was a good draft pick). Interesting note, the highest average score by position is.....offensive tackle? Never saw that coming!

You can take the test on line, for the record, it said I "might" score a 50 (I guess because it's not under official supervision they don't want to commit ::) ) so take that score and compare to my average post and decide how much salt you want to take with results of this test. :LOL:

Wonderlic, why not just have a supervised I.Q. test?

Laurence, your fellow Californian Mr. Jarhead showed a lot of class in accepting the loss of the Rose Bowl and moving on with his life. You should pay attention to your elders and learn by example. ;)

UT coach: Young reports inaccurate

03:46 AM CST on Tuesday, February 28, 2006
By CHIP BROWN and TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

INDIANAPOLIS – Texas coach Mack Brown is coming to the defense of Vince Young, who less than two months ago led the Longhorns to their first national championship in 35 years.

Brown disputed reports that Young scored a six on the Wonderlic test, saying he called NFL officials at the scouting combine in Indianapolis and was told the test was graded incorrectly.

"So anyone who is reporting that he did that poorly is wrong, point blank, because I called and asked," Brown said. "I was told it's not true. So it's unprofessional and really, really poor for someone to be reporting a number that they don't know is factual that I know is not factual when a young guy has so much riding on it in the future."

I believe it. UT has over the years produced very low scores as well as grad rates compared to other major colleges. 
A&M you say??  Thank you, they are much higher. 8)

REWahoo! said:
"So anyone who is reporting that he did that poorly is wrong, point blank, because I called and asked," Brown said. "I was told it's not true. So it's unprofessional and really, really poor for someone to be reporting a number that they don't know is factual that I know is not factual when a young guy has so much riding on it in the future."

[/i]

ReWahoo:  I really don't think our young friend (Laurence) was trying to be unkind to Vince by reporting an unfactual report.  No, I think his motivation was to let us all know that he would score a 50. ;)

Todays professional athlete (In any sport), can sometimes be described as spoiled, unappreciative, out of contact with rank and file,
etc., etc., but the lions share of them aren't even close to being "dummies". ;)

Jarhead, who believes that any young person that has the drive, determination, and character to excell in whatever field they choose, deserves an opportunity to do so.  (Regardless of an inherited I.Q. or other benefits of family background).

Whole bunch of people have said the low score is not true.

Two harvard players are the only ones to score a perfect 50, as far as I know.

Lots of studies have shown little correlation between most players and wonderlic scores. Except for quarterbacks. You really, really have to have something upstairs just to remember 50 plays with 15 variations each, what every player is supposed to be doing with those, and how you're supposed to adapt them to your defensive reads. Oh yeah, and you have to be able to chuck the ball good too.

JPatrick said:
A&M you say??

Didn't. But now that you bring it up...

JPatrick said:
...they are much higher. 8)

Could be. But if you have to dress like this to be a "Fighting Farmer", I'm not sure it's worth it. ;)

img_367063_0_84216e41b23196762234b458dee84aa7.jpg

REWahoo! said:
Didn't.  But now that you bring it up...

Could be.  But if you have to dress like this to be a "Fighting Farmer", I'm not sure it's worth it. ;)

img_367076_0_84216e41b23196762234b458dee84aa7.jpg
Well I don't know those two folks, but I imagine with the challenges of physics, calculus, rocket science, and others, they possibly did not have time for the fashion design course.  However, they probably looked real dapper in their graduation gowns.
Thats- - G-R-A-D-U-A-T-I-O-N- :LOL:

I will fess up, my motivation was as a bitter citizen of southern california. ;)

My posting my on line test results was not to brag but to undermine the test itself. Hey, if you can't poke fun at yourself... :LOL:

Glad to hear the rumors are unsubstantiated. I screamed at the T.V. at the end of the game, but he truly did win it, and U of T are true champs. Give credit where it's due.

REWahoo! said:
There must be a couple of Aggie jokes in there somewhere, but I'm gonna declare a truce. :angel:
Cowns is Slavic for gown. ::)
All Aggies are required to be fluent in several languages.

Back
Top Bottom