Join Early Retirement Today

World Cup in Berlin
Old 06-26-2006, 02:49 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

World Cup in Berlin

Logging in from Berlin where we are enjoying a few days of soccer (fussball) madness. Our 11-year old son came over with his soccer team courtesy of a German coach to play against other kids his age and generaly soak up the football culture over here during World Cup. We decided we had to come along, if only to sneak our own tour of Germany during the off-days. It has been great hanging out in the many cafes watching the games live on makeshift HDTV screens set up everywhere. Have never been that much of a sports fan, but this is different! No tix to the games themselves, but you feel the fever anywhere you go. Germans are nice and prices are lower than I'd expected.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: World Cup in Berlin
Old 06-26-2006, 05:31 AM   #2

Thanks for your kind comments on Germany.
I hope that you and your family are enjoying your stay.
chris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Ein Pils, bitte. Best beer in the world. The food is pretty good too. Drink a few for me.

setab
Old 06-28-2006, 12:21 PM   #4

Chris -- people were universally very nice there. We'd go back in a heartbeat. We saw lots of folks there who looked genuinely happy, some were downright jolly. Haven't seen nearly enough of that Stateside. Maybe I have to get out more?

Setab-- we drank lots of draft Pils and yes, it is something I'll miss. May be I'll have to sniff around our local bottle shop for some good bottled German beer, but I doubt it will taste the same as the local draft variety.

Just back today in NY and am preparing to go on a few days diet to recuperate from the tasty but rich food. I don't know how anyone in that country stays slim. Come to think of it, maybe there weren't any? For a week we figured we could treat ourselves, but now it's payback time. Good thing I had the cholesterol test a few weeks before heading over there :