Worse than Oil and Health Ins. Companies - TAX Them!

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Google 2.4% Rate Shows How $60 Billion Lost to Tax Loopholes

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-21/google-2-4-rate-shows-how-60-billion-u-s-revenue-lost-to-tax-loopholes.html

A lot of complaining about Oil and Health ins companies and related costs and profits. But, when you look at tech companies they have a much higher profit margin (8% vs mid 20 - 30%; see Apple).

Now look at Google and it's tax rate - will we be seeing anyone organizing organizing a protest saying "boycott big Tech"

Technology isn't seen as a noncompetitive cartel representing an essential commodity in "cahoots" with each other to raise prices. There's all the difference right there. Nobody thinks Microsoft and Apple are conspiring to keep prices high and rising.

Google 2.4% Rate Shows How $60 Billion Lost to Tax Loopholes

I fixed the headline:

Google 2.4% Rate shows how $60 Billion is saved from government waste.

I think oil and health companies are lightning rods for non-tax issues. The tax complaints are mostly just a means to an end for whatever agenda the complaining group is pushing.

From an old Engineer do you remember the WinTel Cartel? Microsoft makes Windows fatter so that it takes a faster processor and more memory and then Intel provides those items. Rinse and repeat with a new version.

Back
Top Bottom