Worst RETIRED US President?

Of the current living RETIRED Presidents, Which one is the worst since he retired?

• G. Ford

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • J. Carter

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • G.H.W. Bush

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • W. Clinton

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Comparing Carter to Bush, or even Clinton, indicates that he is really a troubled man who is still trying to salvage his failed presidency by traveling outside of the US and making a fool of himself and all Americans.

Except for his Habitat work, his voting rights work, and his Nobel Prize, I agree!

Would you please define your terms?  How are we to understand "worst" when answering this question?

I was just thinking that every President I know of is better in retirement than in office.

wow, I am surprised Carter is held in such disregard after leaving office....Noble Peace Prize and habitat for humanity and all.... ;)

Even though I hated Clinton as President.. I think he has done a lot of good as a retired President..

Bush and Clinton seems to be friends and have gotten a lot of money for good causes...

Carter on the other hand has said lots of crap that IMO hurts America.. he has not done anything good (I will even throw in the habitat as it would be getting most if not all even if he was not involved)...

I have no problem with Jimmie Carter since he retired but ... I worked in the gov't from the days of Tricky Dick until Bush II and as far as how the executive branch of the government functioned Carter was by far the worst. I realize that is not the sole criteria that a presidency should be judged on but life in D.C. was not fun during the Carter years.

Grumpy

You know, I had great respect for President Carter after he left office. I admired his Habitat and voting rights in other countries. And, even though I thought his presidency was almost a total failure (except for maybe the Egyptian-Israeli peace accord), I thought he was genuinely a "good man".

But, something has happened to him in the last 3-4 years. He has turned into a sour old man, with nothing but criticism in his speech I haven't seen that famous smile in years. And I feel sad about that, because I want to like our former presidents, regardless of what I may have thought of them while in office. But, I'm afraid I am having a more difficult time doing that with President Carter.

Are you guys sure that a president that doesn't get much done is a bad president?

TromboneAl said:
Are you guys sure that a president that doesn't get much done is a bad president?

Actually that would be my definition of a good president. That goes for congress and my county board as well.

JG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom