Would You Trust This Vendor @(Amazon.com)

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The vendor is not Amazon but someone selling on Amazon. The website says
$6 and free shipping. Estimated delivery 8/24 when you pick 2 day shipping. The careless reader (me) assumes this is the same as Prime since you can pick 2 day shipping. However when you go to check out , you discover that this is an OR gate , not AND.......that is you get get free shipping if you wait 7-14 days OR you can get it in 2 days if you pay $22. Fair enough,
I guess, but feels a bit sneaky.

Then the size At the top: 1 size.
itemized below: $12 (pkg of 2, 3.7fl oz.) $18(pkg of 3, 3.7fl oz), $36 (pkg of 6, 3.7fl oz.) on one line.
Then below on the next line $6 (1 size).......no description of size or qty.

The picture for the whole ad shows 1 tube/3.7 fl oz.

Do I assume that the single tube is 3.7 fl oz........that is 1 size means 3.7 fl oz.
Simple-minded me says yes which is why I ordered it but after the shipping info
showed up, I'm feeling paranoid.....why don't they say pkg of 1, 3.7 fl oz like the other items instead of "1 size" .

I would also presume from what was said that the 1 size is 3.7 fl oz. There was no other size mentioned in what you wrote in your post. At least on the shipping, you were told of the alternatives, although it was not crystal clear from the start. I would say if you do not get 3.7 oz then you have grounds to get a refund.

I do not think the shipping info is sneaky....

A lot of the items I look at have 'free shipping' listed... I know that it means many days... and they also list other options...

Once you get to the checkout you can choose which option you want....

I always play around with the shipping if I order a number of items to see if I can get it down...

You can always ask the seller for clarification.

And yes, "free" shipping, if not prime, doesn't necessarily mean 2 day shipping. It's just a teaser I suppose.

At least with Amazon things can always be returned and refunded.

_B

I've had times when looking at something from Amazon that shows Prime. Then I put the item in my cart and change my mind, then look back at the product and that no longer shows Prime. My theory is Amazon is playing with my mind :(.

First, because it's on amazon, regardless of whether amazon fulfills it (Prime, which means it's sent first from the vendor to the amazon warehouse for amazon to ship) the same rules of "the customer is always right" apply.

If you don't get what you pay for, you can get a return, a free one, and a full refund, whether fulfilled by the vendor or by amazon directly.

Amazon strongly encourages vendors who aren't sending things to the fulfillment centers to offer Free and 2-day shipping. But they won't show up if you filter for Prime unless it's really Prime. And the display on the shipping options is set by Amazon (the sneaky one) not the vendor. Vendor just puts the options in, Amazon sets up the bait&switch look.

Easysurfer, re your cart experience, the Prime one probably sold out while you were thinking about it, and the seller-shipping one was still available, same listing, it's all set by the product/UPC.

Outside of books, a whole heck of a lot of stuff on amazon is not actually being sold by amazon, including prime stuff.

Back
Top Bottom