Join Early Retirement Today
Re: Wow, $1067 bill on cell phone
Old 06-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm curious because I lived overseas for nearly 20 years and a letter from the US to Australia took 2 weeks. A package took 30 days because the Aussies search every package that comes in. My mom once put just Aust. as the country and it took 4 months to get to me. It went to Austria first, back to the US, then to Australia.

I want to travel for a month at a time which means I'll be away from home quite a bit and your service sounds like the best bet.

OldAgePensioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2006, 06:45 PM   #22 Founder
Developer of FIRECalc

The people I used are -- Voyagers Mail Forwarding Service.

I used them while living in Saudi, while cruising, and after becoming a dirt dweller, until I had a permanent address about 18 months ago. Wehn I start traveling again, I'll use them again, unless they have gone into FIRE...

Sometimes I'd give them a standing order -- send everything except junk every 2 weeks, for example. Other times I'd send them 2-3 future stops and pickup dates, and they'd have the mail waiting for me each time.

In the 6-7 years I used them, I think there was only one delayed mail delivery, and that wasn't their fault. I think it was when the anthrax in the mail thing was going on, and one mail delivery was caught up in the delays.

Often uninformed, seldom undecided.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
dory36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner
Some body is telling me to stop buying American goods and services.

I am on that theme.

F America. Buy nothing, reduce tax burden, avoid taxes.

Really good advice.
T-Mobile is German.
moghopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:47 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Maybe thats a place to move some of that stock money to ? (DT)
You could look into vonage or something if your mobile but will have internet axis. I would call and try again cause I had a similar problem with at&t wireless and got some of the costs reversed.
spideyrdpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #25
Confused about dryer sheets

"The people I used are -- Voyagers Mail Forwarding Service. "

Another forum listed for a similar service but I use - they scan the outside of the envelope and let me login to the web to see it, then I can choose to have it open & scanned, or shredded/recycled, or forward shipped to another location. Costs about $20/month depending on mail volume. They will even archive the mail so I don't have to deal with paper at all when I'm travelling.

If you're buying from the US for sending overseas I recommend since they follow all the international rules on contraband items (avoids nasty fines).

mdmiles is offline   Reply With Quote