Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudester View Post
It's fairly obvious. I've had people ask me about it, so I doubt that an EMT or ER staff would miss it unless they are blind. There's a picture at this URL: ID Technology - The MediBand™ - lightweight medical alert ID watch accessory made in the USA. It's a LOT cheaper than the traditional medical alert bracelet.
As an ER doc I will tell you having looked at the picture it IS NOT as obvious as you think . We always look for Medic Alert bracelets, we do NOT look at watches in the heat of battle...

Oh, and I still use a watch. With shift work and all I need something to tell me the time, date and day of the week or I would loose track...

DD
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblDoc View Post
As an ER doc I will tell you having looked at the picture it IS NOT as obvious as you think . We always look for Medic Alert bracelets, we do NOT look at watches in the heat of battle...
Hopefully whoever's wielding the cutting tool would notice before it got thrown in the bag...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
Hopefully whoever's wielding the cutting tool would notice before it got thrown in the bag...
Unless the area around the wrist was injured the watch would remain until later when belongings area gathered up. By then it could be too late...

My usual routine is to glance at the wrists and inner elbows looking for a medic alert bracelet and for dialysis fistulas while dealing with the ABC's.

DD
Old 07-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #64

Put your Medi Alert on a very expensive Rolex. It won't get thrown in the bag!
If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #65
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
A year or so ago I searched the 'net for a fancy digital watch. I am a small person and all the watches were too big for my wrist. Then I found one designed for a small wrist, and the $%^*&er was only in pink.

There's $100 I didn't spend.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #66
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
A year or so ago I searched the 'net for a fancy digital watch. I am a small person and all the watches were too big for my wrist. Then I found one designed for a small wrist, and the $%^*&er was only in pink.

There's $100 I didn't spend.

Saved by the fashonistas- and just in time!
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #67
Gone but not forgotten

I love wrist watches as an accessory . I have everything from antique watches to fun watches but since I've retired I usually only wear them when travelling .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #68
Dryer sheet wannabe

I always wear a watch. I can't read the time on my cellphone without my reading glasses, and I don't have them with me all the time. I also spend a lot of the summer in the mountains where we don't get cell service so if I'm in the boat or on a trail I need the watch.
Bob1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #69
Recycles dryer sheets

I have several very expensive watches. I never wear them because I like my $20 Casio more. It provides all the info that I need and I can just throw it away when it quits working.
treypar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #70
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I wear a black $10 watch I bought at Walmart. No brand name shown on the face. But it was made in Japan.