Join Early Retirement Today

Yahoo Mail.........anyone having problems?
Old 03-30-2016, 07:14 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Yahoo Mail.........anyone having problems?

The last few days, opening e-mails is very slow and often takes repeated tries.
Also the page seems to be very large so I have to move the page side to side to view the whole thing ; also up and down. How to fix?
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2016, 07:18 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I haven't notice anything unusual recently with Yahoo mail. Just checked again and it is working ok for me. Accessing and using Yahoo mail is always slower and more problematic than accessing and using GMail. But that's me. YMMV.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:59 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

I haven't noticed any problems with Yahoo! mail.

As to how to fix your page view problem, try clicking on the "cogwheel" icon in the upper right and playing around with the settings and other options.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:16 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Yes, Yahoo Mail has been very slow for me recently. I use it as a secondary "sign up" address. I am worried that Yahoo may go down the tubes taking that account with it. On the other hand, my throw away account with Excite has kept chugging along for decades. Maybe these outfits never die.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:49 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I haven't noticed any problems with Yahoo! mail.

As to how to fix your page view problem, try clicking on the "cogwheel" icon in the upper right and playing around with the settings and other options.
+1 I haven't noticed anything either.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:02 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

It works as poorly as it always does. Gotta love consistency.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #7

If the page size is too large and your computer uses windows, you can reduce the size by holding the CTRL key and pressing -, repeat as necessary to get the sizing right for the web page.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
It works as poorly as it always does. Gotta love consistency.
+1. A few months ago it got really, really bad for about a month and I almost decided to change.
TrvlBug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:05 AM   #9

Yes, but I blame the other bad actors in this movie - Microsoft IE, Google Chrome, and Comcast. All have their reasons not to like Yahoo or Facebook, the other website that won't load. FB is highly optional, the e-mail is not.
Another Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #10

Thanks all for the useful advice. I did try the gear icon initially because I had a problem previously and someone here directed me to that fix which worked great. This time I didn't see any options that seemed like they would lead to a fix even w/ a 2nd and 3rd look. I finally ended using the command and (-)
fix which took care of most of the problem....have a Mac.........similar to the
control and (-) fix suggested. Mostly ok now except the ads on the side take up a significant portion of the screen.

The slow speed seems to be intermittent. This morning and last night it was
bad but just a few minutes ago,it was ok.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:22 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff View Post
Yes, Yahoo Mail has been very slow for me recently. I use it as a secondary "sign up" address. I am worried that Yahoo may go down the tubes taking that account with it. On the other hand, my throw away account with Excite has kept chugging along for decades. Maybe these outfits never die.

LOL... that was what I was going to say when I read your first sentence...

My Excite account has been there a very long time and I do not know anybody who uses that site...

Heck, I barely use it since I cannot open up the emails in Firefox, so have to use IE...
Texas Proud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:43 AM   #12

Had a strange problem yesterday. Couldn't open a couple of recent e-mails with attached spreadsheets yet another e-mail w/o attachments was ok. Thought the problem was related to the spreadsheets but then accidentally opened a somewhat older e-mail with similar attached spreadsheet w/o any problems. Ended up switching back to old Yahoo mail and everything seems better. I did attempt to do the same thing earlier but could never get the "Save" or whatever button to show up when things were slower.

Based on past experience I am reluctant to pinpoint cause and effect bc it may have happened in spite of what I did rather than because. Whatever the reason, a new tool for the toolbox.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:10 AM   #13

Thurs pm my Yahoo wouldn't accept attachments and when it finally did, it sent the e-mail w/o the attachment. Being the last day for submission of 2015 FSA $, I was in quite a panic and didn't want to go down to the UPS store to fax the stuff. It worked fine with a non-yahoo account. This morning, I see a bunch of stuff in my draft folder associated with my Thurs. attempts .
TrvlBug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #14

This is why I maintain more than 1 email account. That said, for now, Yahoo is my main account. Over the years and I have moved between Yahoo and MSN (Outlook), for service issues like the ones you describe.

- Rita
Old 04-06-2016, 03:15 AM   #15
gone traveling

B

--zg
zerogravity is offline   Reply With Quote