Yellowstone Supervolcano?

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anything to worry about? :eek:

Well, the volcano caldera is covered by a huge lake, surrounded by boiling mud pots.

I'd say no, but never, say never!

And it's an amazing place to visit.

Rita

Only if you live east of the park........ha ha..

I'm more worried about the Cumbre Vieja mega-sunami -- it isn't a matter of it, just when. The wave may reach me here in DC.

The Yellowstone volcano will go off, it is, as mentioned above, a question of when.
I wouldn't be overly concerned, it is a possibility as we are about due. But it may also be 25,000 years. Major earthquakes in CA, or a Cat 4 hurricane hitting New York are far more likely.

Frankly, this is a good argument for moving to Wyoming. If it were to hit, I'd rather be in a place where I was wiped out instantly instead of starving and suffocating slowly...

How's that for uplifting? :)

Run Yogi and Boo Boo! You have to watch out for volcanoes...especially the super ones!

Last edited:
Hmmm - I grew up near Mt. Saint Helens - our family picnicked there often, did YMCA and Boy Scout Camps - left the State in 1969(erupted 1980)

Lived thirty years in New Orleans - evacuated ahead of Katrina - have not moved back.

Live 1/4 mile from the local tornado siren.

:D

heh heh heh - my IRS table says I get until 84.6 - and I'm gonna hold them to it - spending my IRA accordingly. :rolleyes: :angel:.

And if the gaters don't getcha, the skeeters will!

Missoula and Yellowstone in the spring after the snow melts - hmmmm.

heh heh heh - :cool: ;).

Yeah, don't get to close to the bison out there....they might hurt ya! ;)

Ya sure don't want to mess with them, they're big enough to cause some real damage. They even act like they own the road too. :D

I followed this herd up the road to Norris geyser for about a quarter mile. They were in no big hurry either. It was about 10 degrees that morning and their coats were steaming and every breath filled the air with more steam.

Attachments

• jellystone bison.jpg
    jellystone bison.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 10
Frankly, this is a good argument for moving to Wyoming. If it were to hit, I'd rather be in a place where I was wiped out instantly instead of starving and suffocating slowly...

How's that for uplifting? :)

And you may wish you were suffocating slowly while you're living in Wyoming waiting for the volcano to go off. :) Kidding. Wyoming and Colorado are beautiful -- if I had a real private plane because to reach anywhere else in the country can take a long time taking commercial or driving.

Back
Top Bottom