Yes, Yes, That's What Happened, I Was Sleepwalking

poboy

Recycles dryer sheets
Sleep medicine experts have successfully treated a rare case of a woman having sex with strangers while sleepwalking.

http://tinyurl.com/2mpp6x

Should have put this in the lawyer joke thread. I can picture the judge and lawyers in court as I type.

Seems implausible but you should try a dose of ambien or lunesta some time.

My wife says I occasionally wake up and do all sorts of stuff...have entire conversations with her...once I wandered into the kitchen and made a complex asian dish that involved extensive slicing/dicing and deep frying.

When queried the next day, I have absolutely no recollection of any of this.

Probably the oddest one was sitting down to watch a few tv shows on the tivo and finding that the first four I skipped through seemed oddly familiar here and there. I must have woken up and watched them "in my sleep".

Seems like compared with the article, she was having a lot more fun with her somnambulance than I was... :-\

About 30 years ago, my brother-in-law was attending college out of state. During one of his school breaks, he invited 3 of his friends to stay with him at his parent's place in Seattle for several days. During the stay, my brother-in-law's father had to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and saw one of the friends (female) walking around the house topless. When my brother-in-law found out, he asked his friend why she did that. She was very surprised and embarassed and said she had no recollection of it.

Last year, there was a couple being interviewed on (I believe) the Larry King Live show in which the husband would have sex with his wife but no recollection of it later - i.e. not really "conscious" or aware at the time the behavior/activity was going on. The couple also had a young daughter living at home, so it was especially important for the husband to obtain some therapy. Don't recall if he was actually "cured" of the problem or if he was still going through treatment of some kind.

So, the news story is that a married woman is sleeping through sex?
Rodney Dangerfield, where are you when we need you?

Most sleep medications can cause amnesia and/or disinhibition. When medications are involved it can be difficult to tell somnambulism from amnesia. The person can be awake at the time of the activity but simply doesn't recall it.

mickeyd said:
On one occasion, her partner awoke to find her missing, went searching for her and found her engaged in the sex act.
Kwirk said:
Most sleep medications can cause amnesia and/or disinhibition. When medications are involved it can be difficult to tell somnambulism from amnesia. The person can be awake at the time of the activity but simply doesn't recall it.
Yeah, yeah, sure sure sure, whatever. Now get to the recommended dosages!

She would be an interesting neighbor....... :D... :eek:

Donzo said:
She would be an interesting neighbor....... :D... :eek:
I'm moving to Australia............ ;)

FinanceDude said:
I'm moving to Australia............ ;)

I think an encounter of this type comes with real risk. Could most guys really handle the ego crushing encounter the next day? "She didn't even remember anything about it!"

A Semi-germane reference from the literature:

" . . . But my disease continued to grow worse. A sheet-bath was recommended. I had never refused a remedy yet, and it seemed poor policy to commence then; therefore I determined to take a sheet-bath, notwithstanding I had no idea what sort of arrangement it was.

It was administered at midnight, and the weather was very frosty. My breast and back were bared, and a sheet (there appeared to be a thousand yards of it) soaked in ice-water, was wound around me until I resembled a swab for a Columbiad.

It is a cruel expedient. When the chilly rag touches one's warm flesh, it makes him start with sudden violence and gasp for breath just as men do in the death agony. It froze the marrow in my bones and stopped the beating of my heart. I thought my time had come. . .

Never take a sheet-bath - never. Next to meeting a lady acquaintance, who, for reasons best known to herself, don't see you when she looks at you and don't know you when she does see you, it is the most uncomfortable thing in the world. "

- Mark Twain
How to Cure a Cold Sep 1863

Back
Top Bottom