Yet another reason not to move to Texas

Leonidas

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Where the stars at night are big and bright
As part of a continuing public service to protect all of you [-]foreigners[/-] non-Texans, here is yet another reason to reconsider coming to Texas once you abandon Kal-ee-forn-ee-ah or wherever.
A bobcat was captured in downtown Houston on Tuesday, KPRC Local 2 reported. The bobcat was found in a parking garage in the 500 block of Rusk Street about noon.
I have it from reliable sources that he was waiting on a particularly fat and slow-moving banker to return to his Maybach for lunch.

Seriously, protect yourself and move elsewhere. Bobcat attacks downtown are happening nearly every day now. It's almost as bad as when the 'gators started hiding in the sandboxes at the elementary schools.

As part of a continuing public service to protect all of you [-]foreigners[/-] non-Texans, here is yet another reason to reconsider coming to Texas once you abandon Kal-ee-forn-ee-ah or wherever. I have it from reliable sources that he was waiting on a particularly fat and slow-moving banker to return to his Maybach for lunch.

Seriously, protect yourself and move elsewhere. Bobcat attacks downtown are happening nearly every day now. It's almost as bad as when the 'gators started hiding in the sandboxes at the elementary schools.

Are you sure this wasn't one of those "Cougars have competition" panic attacks by the media.

I have it from reliable sources that he was waiting on a particularly fat and slow-moving banker to return to his Maybach for lunch.

That slow-moving banker probably wasn't carrying a sidearm either. Any smart Texan knows you should have one of those - Just-n-case !

Sorry to break it to you, but So Cal has them too. We also have bears, mountain lions, deer, raccoons and a few bald eagles living here above the local lake.

Oh and we have a few locals who like to parade their pet wolves up and down the street

Aren't you a little embarrassed about just having an itty, bitty bobcat in a big, manly state like Texas ;)

We had a real cat, can you say mountain lion, in white-wine sipping, Volvo-driving, tree-hugging suburban Palo Alto a couple years ago :D

Hey we have regular run-ins with our local bobcats! (they usually run on by). The coyotes howl at night. And then there are all the smelly javelinas waiting around.

Audrey

keep your trigger hand available at all times

If you see somethin' like this you can git' one maybe two shots off before it gits you. So keep your trigger hand available at all times when in Texas.

bobcat-attacks-deer-bp-3.jpg

Heck, even north Jersey is apparently lousy with bears. In the south parts of the state the main varmint action is bennies.

... and don't forget in Texas it is almost Fahr' Aint season...

No, it was huge! Honest, with big fangs and claws and such!
After all the "cougar" threads, it took me a few posts to realize this wasn't yet another euphemism...

As part of a continuing public service to protect all of you [-]foreigners[/-] non-Texans,

... Or keep Texas unsullied by hordes of ferriners...:LOL:

Seriously folks, West Virginia is being overrun by biting venomous snakes that attack suddenly and without provocation.:whistle:

We wouldn't want too many people finding out about what it's like to not have to plan one's daily life around traffic.:angel:

We had a gator in Lakeland, FL. This from another forum:
I lived in Lakeland Fl for 4-6 months in 1973. Aside from the "lovebugs", and all kinds of little insects that bite like crazy, it was a great place. My favorite memory was watching the giant one-eyed alligator, Blinky, stroll through the middle of town like he owned the place.....for all I know he did. If you have pictures of Blinky, I sure would like to see him again. I was too young, broke and stupid at the time to take pictures of the friendly beast. But it was sure fun to watch Blinky walk the streets and send ladies and little kids running and screaming as if the old gator was a real danger. If you have photos that you can scan and email to me I would be grateful. Send then to:xxxx

I remember a photo in the paper of Blinky going walkabout downtown one Sunday morning.

Maybe he was looking for bobcats?

... and don't forget in Texas it is almost Fahr' Aint season...
Aint that the truth. If we have a wet spring/summer...they'll be everywhere. And no, REWahoo I don't want to see those floatin' Fahr' Aints again....:blink:

Back
Top Bottom