You might be a candidate for Early Retirement if...

your first stop on vacation is to Walmart to by provisions for breakfast and lunches rather than dining out....

you check into the hotel and have two wheelie bags... and a cooler... to move to your room

Ooma is not a foreign word...

...your car has at least one body panel a different color than the others.

...You still drive your first car.
...Bums wear newer clothing than you.
...The staff at Goodwill knows you by name.
...The words "firecalc," "dividends" and "Index Fund" get you excited.
...You call your savings "F.U. money."
...Bernstein means William, not Leonard.
...You know how to say Bogle.
...You get more excited about saving money than going to Disneyland.

...your lunch box is 20 years old and has saved you over five figures in cash after-tax money.

Attachments

• Lunch_box.jpg
    Lunch_box.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 6
You wear the same underwear all week. By mid-week you turn it inside-out and then Sun you go commando while it's in the wash getting ready for next week :LOL:

When your company freezes the traditional DB pension plan after 22 years, and you say, well I guess it's ER for me now!

-gauss

If you have been running simulations of difference equations since the age of 25 on your company CAE software to model your net worth going forward and trying to figure out what you are missing. ("nobody can be FI in their 40's").

-gauss

... you get through your work days by looking at your "when can I retire" spreadsheet.

...your idea of a "new" car is a 5 year old Corolla with only 100,000 miles on it.

... you get through your work days by looking at your "when can I retire" spreadsheet.

I have been doing that for the last year and I love my job! Class of 2016 :dance:

saving a dollar is more important than spending a dollar! or earning a dollar...

I did not look at it when I was at work but surely obsessed over it when I was at home and did some research on it while at work. A question which went through my mind all the time in my last months of working was, "Why am I still working here?"

Back
Top Bottom