Your Age, Race/Ethnicity, Plan to retire? Retired? Etc.

You forgot to ask how many nickels and dimes I have?? :D But, I'll still play.

What is your current age? 42

Your Race/Ethnicity? Asian American

Where do you plan to retire? Not sure, but somewhere comfy

Where are you retired? n/a

What do you plan to do when you retire? whatever I feel like with the right to change my mind

What are you doing in retirement? n/a

Your target age of retirement? between 50 - 55, subject to change if I enjoy or hate what I'm doing

What age did you retire? n/a

What is your current age? 56

Your Race/Ethnicity? Caucasian, American - ancestry is English/Irish/German/Italian

Where do you plan to retire? Northern Il and Southern Az

Where are you retired? I'm 40% retired now in Northern Il and Southern Az

What do you plan to do when you retire? Travel, bike, hike, woodworking, brewing, yardwork

What are you doing in retirement? I travel, bike, hike, do woodworking, brewing, yardwork in my 40% retirement

Your target age of retirement? Started semi-retirement at 47, probably fully retire sometime before 60

What age did you retire? see above

What are you doing in retirement? Same as above plus fight back spammers, tease annuity salespeople, bait trolls and whatever else a ER.org moderator has to do to keep this place nice.
:D And you do a fine job of that. In Southern or Savoyard. :D

What is your current age? 56

Your Race/Ethnicity? Caucasian, American - ancestry is English/German

Where do you plan to retire? already retired

Where are you retired? Philly area

What do you plan to do when you retire? already retired

What are you doing in retirement? Hike, play bridge, vegetable garden, manage retirement portfolio, attend kid's sporting events

Your target age of retirement? 55

What age did you retire? 55 and one month (concession to DW that I could live with)

MODERATORS - Please move this thread out of the FIRE and Money Forum, it does not belong here. If you need a suggestion of where to move it, I would suggest to the bit bucket. It seems like a data-gathering exercise. I'm suspicious.

Thank you.

MODERATORS - Please move this thread out of the FIRE and Money Forum, it does not belong here. If you need a suggestion of where to move it, I would suggest to the bit bucket. It seems like a data-gathering exercise. I'm suspicious.

Thank you.

Why not just ignore it? I am. FWIW, I can't imagine why anyone would ask, or answer these questions. But I'm sure some feel the same about some of my posts. Live and let live.

-ERD50

Why not just ignore it? I am. FWIW, I can't imagine why anyone would ask, or answer these questions. But I'm sure some feel the same about some of my posts. Live and let live.

-ERD50
Or give totally fictitious answers like some of us did...'race/ethnicity' - really?

Thank you.

We are monitoring this thread. However, members are trusted to use their own judgement.

If you wanna share your info, do it. If you don't, just walk away. As W2R already pointed out, many of us have made the requested information public at one point or another.

Last edited:

-ERD50
Yes, just go to "Thread Tools" pulldown and select the "Ignore Thread" button...

And if a certain poster get's to be a "pain" in your opinion, just add them to your "Ignore List" (click on their user ID and follow the pulldown)...

Last edited:
You're ignoring it entirely? (Well, never mind, since I'm sure you won't see this post, it being in a thread you're ignoring.)

I knew I should have edited that post!

No, I don't have the thread "on ignore", and I'm not totally ignoring it, but to the point that I choose not to answer. Sometimes threads take a detour, so I'm ignoring the main content but still checking in for entertainment value.

-ERD50

What is your current age? Middle age

Your Race/Ethnicity? Humanoid, mostly Celtic and Germanic

Where do you plan to retire? If I ever retire, hopefully either at a restaurant or at home with family

Where are you retired? Once I retire, I would be retired everywhere.

What do you plan to do when you retire? Hunt

What are you doing in retirement? Hunting

Your target age of retirement? Hopefully, never

What age did you retire? I haven’t retired yet but I am not employed and hope to stay that way.

Yes, just go to "Thread Tools" pulldown and select the "Ignore Thread" button...

And if a certain poster get's to be a "pain" in your opinion, just add them to your "Ignore List" (click on their user ID and follow the pulldown)...

Thanks, I know, but I use neither tool (I hope that is grammatically correct, I do think so).

As I said, threads drift and often become more interesting for it. I almost put one poster on ignore, a bit later he started one of the most interesting threads we've had. I don't see many things in black and white, so 'ignore' doesn't work for me.

To each their own, but thanks.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom