Your avatar, forum name and signature

Avatar: George Washington atop his favorite riding dinosaur, "Blueskin". This is historically considered an oddity, because of the creature's obviously greenish hue.
Name: Me, a name I call myself.
Signature: Perhaps the finest bit of investing advice I have ever seen on television.

Avatar: Roseman Bridge. Winterset Iowa. A place of special meaning to me.

Name: Avalon. An island from Arthurian legend.

Sig: A saying that I hope projects friendliness.

Avatar: I like Pepsi, hope this isn't copyright infringement?

Name: Nickname one of my co-workers had mentioned in passing.

Sig: Quote from one of W2R's postings that I can relate to.

I had PM'd her to see if it was o.k. for me to use but never got a reply.....so hopefully it is as I used it anyway :flowers:

Name: 2/3rd's of ex-occupation

Sig: A line from Robin Trower's "The Fool and Me"

My original Sig from years ago here: "I Shall Work No More Forever" (my apologies to Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce)

Username: bits and pieces of my name and birthdate
Avatar: picture of chocolate chip cookies, from my childhood nickname
Sig: I don't have one

Avator - A silver moon
Name - A real life nickname
Sig - "whatever" in french

Avatar: pictorial representation of the state of my finances

Forum Name: where I was headed at the time I retired

Signature: self-explanatory and soon to be changing...

Forum Name: My real one.:)
Signature: Part of the lyrics of the Beatles´s song. Which, by the way, doesn´t have much to do with me, except that I am a guy with very few resources when dealing with daily ordinary things in life....:blush:

Name: friends call me Ronstar because I'm always giving directions to people - like Onstar
Signature: still thinking of one

Avatar: As I look in the mirror.

Name: No fear.

Signature: For me... so that I don't get to full of myself -- not always successful, however.

Avatar is a Monty Python image. Name is something dear old Mom called me as a child...

Avatar ~ a picture of a partial uncut sheet of large size United States currency from a local bank where I lived here in Virginia.

Name ~ what I thought of at the time to describe my hobby of collecting old currency from the Commonwealth of Virginia... I am a Virginia Collector

Signature ~ none....but maybe someday....

BTW, thanks to the original OP for bringing this up again...

Avatar - My adopted city of Honolulu with Diamond Head crater (arguably the most recognizable landmark of the state) in the background.

Name - One of two mountain ranges on the island of Oahu and arguably the most beautiful mountains in the world (due to the lush green foliage which covers them, especially on the windward side).

Signature - One of many "glass-half-full" expressions I love to use to show how pessimistic I pretend to be.

Avatar: the Good Soldier Svejk, a character from a book by Czech author Hasek. Svejk is a little man caught in a big machine who pretends to be an idiot so he can get away with what he feels like doing.

Name: I am a long time homebrewer and beer judge.

Signature: a general disclaimer (margin of error...) And a quote that is both descriptive of my life and a reminder.

Avatar: I wouldn't really call it an avatar - it is just a picture from the deck at my weekend house.
Forum name: based on parts of my real name. Was my first Internet dialup logon and used on all forums I participate in.
Signature: no apologies for being laid back.

Avatar: A pint of beer (specifically, this is a a pint of an English bitter, one of my favorite styles).

Name: The German word for brewmaster. I've been a homebrewer, beer judge, beer writer, and brewing consultant for over two decades, and it's still one of my primary interests in life. Beer making is a wonderful blend of art and science.

Sig: This changes at random intervals. Just a phrase that catches my fancy.

Avatar - A picture of our latest "rescue" (Shetland Sheepdog, AKA "miniature collie"). We've had Shelties over the last 37 years, and doing breed rescue for 7+ years.

Name - Says it all :LOL:

Signature - None

Avatar - a broken clay pigeon. Username, what I do for fun and relaxation, turning flying clay pigeons into dust on trap, skeet and sporting clay courses in the Northeast.

Avatar: Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes, my favorite comic ever. Bonus is Calvin is kicking a soccer ball, my passion.

Name: My real name is Will, however when I moved to the south, people who had lived here elongated the vowel. I really never noticed until some old friends from California were visiting and wondered why I was now known as "Wheel". Hence my forum name.....

Signature: Dealing with employees in my w**k life, I heard every story imaginable and then some. I got so disillusioned that people thought they could tell me anything, lie to my face and I'd believe it. Finally realized I was the stupid one for trying to make sense of it all. The quote is again from Calvin & Hobbes, and truly sums up what I ended up learning while w**rking!

Avatar: The silly look on the emu's face makes me laugh every time I see it.

Name: A coworker's nickname for me.

Sig: I believe this philosophy is at the core of FIRE.

Screen Name: Grumpy - because I often am
Signature: ... you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ... From Hotel California

Avatar: I like Pepsi, hope this isn't copyright infringement?

Name: Nickname one of my co-workers had mentioned in passing.

Sig: Quote from one of W2R's postings that I can relate to.

I had PM'd her to see if it was o.k. for me to use but never got a reply.....so hopefully it is as I used it anyway :flowers:

Of course it is OK! I am flattered. I don't remember the PM so maybe I was bleary-eyed from overwork back in those days.

Back
Top Bottom