Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: On a scale of 0 to 10, what is your average level of happiness?
0 0 0%
1 1 1.05%
2 1 1.05%
3 3 3.16%
4 5 5.26%
5 8 8.42%
6 11 11.58%
7 21 22.11%
8 24 25.26%
9 16 16.84%
10 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

In the past, we have hosted a big dinner for both my and my wife's sides of the family. This year, my brother hosted lunch for my side of the family, and we have a dinner for my wife's side.

After a lot of food and drink today, I would have changed my score to a 6. But, as T-Al pointed out in a study that I have also read, people have a natural happiness level that they tend to revert to. Watching TV game shows, my wife and I often said to each other that we would be very boring contestants; we would not know to jump up and down when winning like people always do on TV. Of course we would never apply, and then we would never be selected either.

In fact, I just thought of a sad love song, but I shall exercise self-restraint and will post it only after the holidays are over.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #62
Give me a forum ...

Well, Christmas is not over at this writing, but I'm gonna do something that makes me happy. I'm gonna change my boots from the Christmas pair to my other pair. I've had enough Christmas...time to move on.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #63
Give me a forum ...

But, but, but what boots for New Year?
Old 12-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #64
Give me a forum ...

I saw some boots tonight! A pretty young woman was walking along with a short coat and no skirt showing beneath. She was wearing sheer stockings and black stocking suspenders, like the type on garter belts. She had ankle boots with 4" heels.

A real Christmas present, even if all I got was a good look.

Ha
Old 12-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #65
Give me a forum ...

Today I am a 9 1/2 . I love the day after Christmas much better than the day itself . You can hang around in your pajams and eat left overs and enjoy your presents .
Old 12-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #66
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
A real Christmas present, even if all I got was a good look.

Ha
Reminds me of the movie L'homme qui aimait les femmes (1977), which was remade as the not-as-good Man who loved women.

I love women too, but generally as the generic other sex. I only look...

PS. By the way, the French character was an engineer.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #67
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I canīt stand New Yearīs Eve. I canīt barely stay awake till the new Year. But here in Spain itīs a must to swallow the 12 f*****g grapes with the chimes.
Any one of you have noticed what a bore I am?