Your email may be in hands of crooks!

It's not just banks. Today I got messages from Best Buy, Walgreens and a bookseller about the Epsilon security breach. I'm not concerned, I'm very careful about what I click in email, but I bet a lot of people aren't.

I think however that my Yahoo email was breached today. I never open emails unless expected and rarely open links. From about 11:30-2:3- today CST I received a lot of spam, and had others tell me they were getting strange email from me. Scanned computer and that was clean. Wonder if Yahoo will "fess up".

I received an email notice from Best Buy today as well. I had also been noticing strange emails the last couple of weeks. I never open them anyway..

I have received emails regarding this matter from Target and 2 financial institutions I used to do business with.

Yes. But the banks are sorry that their service provider was compromised and will likely subject all of us to phishing attacks and more spam!

Oh... but they will probably let you know it occurred... probably by email!

We got the e-mail from Chase (one of our banks) today but not the other.

However, the mailman delivered a check to our house that was from Chase but addressed to our other bank (stupid mailman). I'm thinking we could keep it to make up for the e-mail being hacked....

We received one from Disney Destinations - though we've never done any business with them. Hmmmm

I told my two most active "joke forwarding" friends that I would not be opening any emails from them with attachments for a while.

I have had some Trojan and Infostealer hacks on my laptop over the past 4 days. Symantec Endpoint Protection let me know there was traffic blocked from random IP addresses but my system got infected anyway.
I ran some 2 different disinfectant programs 3x, only to have it happen all over again. :mad:
Mr B finally found a backdoor file deposited in the system startup area. He fried the file and all is well again. :D

I also got one from Walgreen's. That'll teach me to order Christmas cards with photos on them! But the E-mail address is the one I use for mail-order stuff, software registrations and the like so while it would be a pain to change/delete it, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom