Your Favorite Beer

I'm waiting for the return of Bud Light Orange this summer. Still not out. Saw they are also coming out with a grapefruit.

Radler is their grapefruit one... I'm not a fan but I don't like grapefruit either.

I like Bud Light Orange but it goes down too easy. My redneck cheapskate version of Bud Light Orange is a Bud Light with a light squirt of orange flavored drink mix from the little squeeze bottles that you can get in the grocery store and a quick stir... pretty close to the much more expensive version.

Last edited:
I hardly ever drink any of the beers on the list. Only when they are the best beer available. My favorites in no order - Oskar Blues Old Chub on nitro, Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale, Northcoast Brewing Old Rasputin on nitro, 3 Floyds Zombie Dust and Gumballhead, Brickstone APA, San Tan Devils Ale.

Wow another genny fan? I used to love the cream ale, probably wouldn't like it now.

I enjoy stouts today. One one extended business trip in the UK my partner and I were dubbed "the Beamish boys".

Good old Genesee. I did some work at the High Falls Brewery in Rochester years ago. I was amazed that a lot of the employees were actually drinking on the job. At my young age I though that was a dream job.:dance:

Last edited:
I hardly ever drink any of the beers on the list. Only when they are the best beer available. My favorites in no order - Oskar Blues Old Chub on nitro, Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale, Northcoast Brewing Old Rasputin on nitro, 3 Floyds Zombie Dust and Gumballhead, Brickstone APA, San Tan Devils Ale.

Oskar Blues makes some good beer! I like both of those, but Ten Fidy is one of my favorites from OB.

Two craft brewers in the Houston area I particularly like. One is Saint Arnold. The other is Running Walker. Particularly like Running Walker stout and their session style beer called Secession...

Here's an interesting article that claims America's favorite beers are mostly foregn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddr...gh-most-people-dont-like-it/ar-AABsh7b#page=2

The top three are Heineken, Guinness and Corona. None of the brands was viewed positively by a majority of people.

Of those three, I drink the occasional Guinness when I can get it on-tap from a bar that knows how to pour a Guinness.

My current favorites are the local micro-brews in my area. None are big enough to make the article's list, but I wonder..... If they had a place for "Local Micro Brews" would they have made the list?

If I buy bottled beer at a grocery store, my favorites these days are:

Killian Irish Red - made by Coors, in the USA I assume.

Trader Jose Dark and Bock beers from Trade Joes, made in Mexico.

I like the Porters and Stouts that are made by small craft Breweries. I especially like the ones that are aged in Bourbon Barrels. They are usually high in Alcohol content, so you can really have only 1....

But the Beer I do like that is pretty available is Leinenkugel Snowdrift Vanilla Porter

You can only Buy it in the winter, so I stock up in November when it comes out... I buy about 10 cases... Everyone I have over seems to like it.

A brewer in Cleveland, Great Lakes, produces some brands I'm particularly fond of these days -- Edmund Fitzgerald porter, Eliot Ness amber lager and Dortmunder Gold pale lager. They are all excellent but the Dortmunder Gold is sublime for a pale lager.

There aren't many craft brewers that venture into brewing lagers these days, mainly because ales are so easy to produce. There is one in Wisconsin -- Capital in Middleton. They make a couple of dopplebocks that are to die for.

There's another Wisconsin craft brewer that can produce pretty fine beer, New Glarus. But you can only get it legally in Wisconsin.

At the very top of my list for beers brewed in North America is "La Fin du Monde," a blonde Belgian-style ale produced by Unibroue in Quebec. They have a couple of other flavors available in the Midwest as well -- Maudite (red) and Trois Pistoles (dark). They're all 8%-9% alcohol, so have a designated driver handy.

These are a few that I enjoy but I make my own. Currently, I am aging a Scottish Ale in a bourbon barrel. Other favorites are clones of The Tenant, Heady Topper, Moose Drool, and Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Life's too short to drink bad beer or wine, for that matter.

Yuengling would be the "onliest" beer I would drink out of a bottle. Yes, call me a snob.

I've had Heady, yum.

I've done B2H (Bells Two Hearted) clones, tastes like the commercial version. Easy to brew.

Two craft brewers in the Houston area I particularly like. One is Saint Arnold. The other is Running Walker. Particularly like Running Walker stout and their session style beer called Secession...

no love for Brash Brewing? (my buddy owns it)

Oskar Blues Old Chub on nitro, Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale, Northcoast Brewing Old Rasputin on nitro, 3 Floyds Zombie Dust and Gumballhead, Brickstone APA, San Tan Devils Ale.

all are outstanding

I don’t drink a lot of beer, but at home I usually have (nitro) Guinness, Smithwick’s or Bass Ale.

At my favorite local micro brew put I usually start with a Wheat or Red, and finish with their Porter. There’s a local burger place that has Banana Bread on tap, a nice change of pace occasionally (it has a subtle banana “nose”, but no banana taste). Not worth buying in bottles.

I know they’re very popular but I can’t drink IPA’s, especially the hop monsters some brewers produce these days.

Last edited:
At the very top of my list for beers brewed in North America is "La Fin du Monde," a blonde Belgian-style ale produced by Unibroue in Quebec. They have a couple of other flavors available in the Midwest as well -- Maudite (red) and Trois Pistoles (dark). They're all 8%-9% alcohol, so have a designated driver handy.

Have you had their 'Terrible'? - One of my Favs --- 10.5% Alcohol.

There aren't many craft brewers that venture into brewing lagers these days, mainly because ales are so easy to produce. There is one in Wisconsin -- Capital in Middleton. They make a couple of dopplebocks that are to die for.

Truth.

I've done lagers, but they are much more difficult to do properly. Less forgiving of process errors (e.g. fermentation temperatures). Requires "lagering" (storage at 30-40 degrees for months). Much easier to just buy a good Pilsner and be done with it.

I've also avoided doing sours or anything involving Brett (Brettanomyces) for fear of contaminating my other brewing equipment. But I do like drinking them. :)

Dales Pale Ale is also fairly easy to make.

Sorry for all the posts here! I happen to like making clones of commercial beer. It is a good way to see how well tuned your process and recipe is because you have a known 'good' to compare it to. It also has the advantage that you know you will like the results (assuming a good clone).

I don't always do clones, I will also take a recipe I happen to like and then start doing substitutions, e.g. change the hops used, change the base grain, change the yeast used or fermentation profile to see how it changes. When doing this kind of stuff, it is also a good use of small batch techniques - otherwise there is too much to drink!

Bud Light Lime. The lime covers up that awful beer taste. :LOL:

Old Chubb Nitro and La Fin du Monde--also favorites of mine!

Live in beer town Oregon so won't list local taps. Nationally like Stella, Corona and Pacifco. Can't drink dark beer as I used to as I'll drive my friends and the dog out of the room later.

I’ll try most any locally brewed beer before the majority of those named in the article. Sam Adams or Blue Moon will suffice if there’s nothing else interesting available. Wheats, reds, Amber bocks, and finally stouts would be my pecking order most of the time. IPAs are generally too hoppy for my taste. Now that I think of it, a really cold pale ale after cutting the grass can sure hit the spot.

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and thus I've pretty much given up on beer as I cannot find any suitable true gluten free beers. There are some decent gluten reduced beers that I'm not supposed to drink, but no gluten free.

Anyone ever find a true good gluten free beer.

^ yep, and I like that. I haven't had a beer in so long that a favorite one doesn't matter to me. Lol

My favorite beer ?

- Cold and Yours

Cheers and Thank You !

:)

My version of that: "My two favorite beers - free and cold"

For the OP's serious question, I like Ales (Red, Amber, Pale, India Pale) if I want something a little more flavorful. Just about any lager or pilsner is good with me. Not a big wheat beer, Belgian style, or stout fan. Killian's Irish Red is what I have on tap in my kegerator right now. I like the Mexican beers like Modelo Negra and Especial, Dos Equis lager and dark, and some of the others. One smaller brewery that I really like is Shiner Bock or even some of the other Shiner offerings. I like almost any beer really, guess those 5 years of college fraternity life helped that :LOL: :D

I prefer draft over bottle or can if available. Local microbrews have good offerings around here, they always seem to taste just a little better when you are at the taproom than at home.

My favorites these days (in no particular order):
- Allegash White
- Tuckerman Pale Ale
- Bissell Brothers The Substance Ale
- Whatever draft of locally-brewed craft beer seems interesting

For what I can buy here in the US, Corona Light wins in my Book. And it's much better than regular Corona Extra or Corona Premium. If could could get it here, I'd be buying Asian brewed Tiger beer. They do sell beer here in the US with the Tiger label but it's not the same.

On the other end of the beer spectrum are a lot of really bad beers. However, Budweiser has got to be very near the bottom. I've always suspected that the Clydesdale's are stabled directly above the fermentation tanks which would explain the putrid taste. :sick:

LOL!

To me, Corona Light tastes like they took a sealed bottle of Budweiser, swished it in some water for a few minutes, and then poured the water into a can.

To each their own I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom