Your Favorite Beer

Konigsbacher from Koblenz, Germany is my favorite.
Urquel from Prague is no slouch.
Augustiner from Salzburg.
Andechs--drinkin' with The Brothers.

American beers are embarassments. Even Mexicans make better beer. Too bad Canadian beer is $12.99 or more per six pack in Canada--unaffordable.

I rarely drink anything but hoppy west coast mostly California IPAs. Stone and Ballast Point in San Diego are awesome. I also like Lagunitas and Sierra Nevada.
Topa Topa Chief's Peak IPA
Figueroa Lizard Mouth
Institution IPA

The last ten years has been fantastic for beer lovers. I love the incredibly large selection that is available in most locations.

My favorite beer I had many years ago was in New Zealand and is called "Canterbury Draught" (or Ward's Beer). It is now owned by Lion (a subsidiary of Kirin). They used to have a very cool brewery in Christchurch but it has been torn down because of damage sustained in the earthquake.

Georgia was late to the micro brew trend but we are catching up quickly. I like a local beer, Reformation Cadence.

Reformation is pretty darn good and have visited their brewery more than a few occasions. :D Red Hare does pretty well, too.

I'd rather have a plain coors than heineken any day.

Plain Coors? You mean Banquet, right? That is the beer of choice of my in-laws. They probably go through 10,000 cases of that stuff a year. :cool:

American beers are embarassments. Even Mexicans make better beer. Too bad Canadian beer is $12.99 or more per six pack in Canada--unaffordable.

I guess you have come to this conclusion after sampling the more than 20,000 different beers brewed in America? OK.

Last edited:
LOL!

To me, Corona Light tastes like they took a bottle of Budweiser, swished it in some water for a few minutes, and then poured the water into a can.

To each their own I guess.

A friend of mine says "Coors Light is like making love in a canoe"... we're like, Charile, we don't get it ... what are you talking about... he responds... "its f-ing near water". :LOL:

I have adventurous taste in beer. I like everything except light beer and very hoppy beers. I love trying local beers when I travel- Murphy's and Smithwicks were faves in Ireland. I loved Innis and Gunn in Scotland, Gallo in Guatemala, etc. We tried Moose Drool on vacation in Montana and wish we could get that here. I tried a Victory sour cherry that was excellent. At home Sam Adams is a favorite. I just bought some Shock Top citrus that probably doesn't qualify as craft. DH likes light beer, but when he runs out he drinks mine unless it's stout. He hates stout.

A friend of mine says "Coors Light is like making love in a canoe"... we're like, Charile, we don't get it ... what are you talking about... he responds... "its f-ing near water". [emoji23]
+1. If Coors is the only thing available I'm just not drinking.

American beers are embarassments.

If "American beers" means "all beers made in America", then your statement is just silly.

Perhaps you mean "the kind of American-made beers typically advertised on American television"?

(just tryin' to help you here...)

you need to get out more

that may have been the case 20 years ago, but not now

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and thus I've pretty much given up on beer as I cannot find any suitable true gluten free beers. There are some decent gluten reduced beers that I'm not supposed to drink, but no gluten free.

Anyone ever find a true good gluten free beer.
Ghostfish IPA at Trader Joe's

I have adventurous taste in beer. I like everything except light beer and very hoppy beers. I love trying local beers when I travel- Murphy's and Smithwicks were faves in Ireland. I loved Innis and Gunn in Scotland, Gallo in Guatemala, etc.

Gallo was not a bad beer, IIRC, kind of a helles style lager. Decent malt, not too hoppy.

If you want to try something different, try a Leffe blonde. Very unique taste. Especially if you don’t like IPAs. Available at most decent liquor stores. Jmho

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and thus I've pretty much given up on beer as I cannot find any suitable true gluten free beers. There are some decent gluten reduced beers that I'm not supposed to drink, but no gluten free.

Anyone ever find a true good gluten free beer.

I started my wine and beer making because DW is celiac, diagnosed in 1983. About 8 years ago, my son moved to a big craft brewing area near Bethlehem PA. He suggested I take up homebrewing, like himself, and add an enzyme called Clarity Ferm, which was designed to reduce the protein haze in beer. Well, the protein is gluten and while not officially approved as gluten free, the Clarity Ferm has worked wonders for DW. Clarity Ferm is also marketed under the name of Gluten Ninja. I can now make any beer, any style, anytime and DW can partake. PM me if you have any questions.

When DD married, my brother gave them as a wedding present a beer subscription, which they didn’t want, so I bought it from them. I had stopped drinking beer years earlier and did this just to give them the cash. First shipment I drank a random bottle, in this case an IPA from Flying Dog, and it was like an awakening. I don’t drink a lot (of beer), the yeast doesn’t agree with me, but my favorite is Raging Bitch from Flying Dog Brewery https://www.flyingdog.com/beers/raging-bitch/

What:confused: no PBR fans here? What is wrong with you people!!!!!!!!!!

My summertime, drink anytime, beer is Bud Light. Because it is LIGHT!

When out, I will look for local/regional crafts, usually dark, or belguim style. I have tried, and liked, many of ones mentioned, and recently had La Fin Monde, Moose drool and Big Muddy (Illinois?).

My favorite all time beer was a Brugges Triple in Belguim years ago.

Back
Top Bottom