Your favorite chair ...

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This is mine:

bfozd5.jpg

It's a great chair to read in and has good back support for me. It folds down for naps. It is where I contemplate the universe, study all manner of arcane subjects, read my mysteries and spy novels, and ponder my next foray into the world of grand financial adventures. ;)

DW occasionally brings up replacing it with a more suitable modern leather chair but I resist. Most of our furniture is more modern but this is a keeper.

DW occasionally brings up replacing it with a more suitable modern leather chair
Last May I bought a new chair and ottoman made of gorgeous maroon Italian leather, although it is in a traditional style (see below). I can't even describe how comfortable it is. I am sitting in it right now, although in a different house since I moved. After looking for my dream house for years, I found it just five days after buying this insanely expensive chair. Terrible timing! But now that I have both the chair AND the house, and my spending is settling down, I'm in 7th heaven.

Attachments

• chair_best.jpg
    chair_best.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
That looks comfy W2R. DW loves to put her feet up like that. Part of our newest couch has a chaise lounge section which she inhabits. I'd love to put up my legs like that but after a few minutes it gets to my lower back.

Last Christmas I upgraded to this chair:

chair.jpg

The previous chair was similar, but the leather had gotten fairly nasty. I sat in a bunch of chairs before picking out this one. Recliners don't really work for me (at 6' 6" they are usually too small), but the foot stool works great.

This one is very comfy for reading and napping - the two main activities I use it for.

And yes, I do share with the cats.

Last Christmas I upgraded to this chair:

The previous chair was similar, but the leather had gotten fairly nasty. I sat in a bunch of chairs before picking out this one. Recliners don't really work for me (at 6' 6" they are usually too small), but the foot stool works great.

This one is very comfy for reading and napping - the two main activities I use it for.

And yes, I do share with the cats.

Very nice (both the chair and the cat!).

I tried a lot of chairs too, including some bigger ones like yours. However, being female and not 6'6", the big ones sort of swallow me up and bend my back too much. I was delighted to find a slightly smaller one like mine that fits my body better. I don't care for recliners either, because I tend to jam the mechanism frequently for some reason, and that can be a hassle.

Favorite chair

My favorite chair is a part of a patio set on our porch. i sit out there with my Kindle, listening to music from Amazon cloud, reading books I have downloaded, looking out at a 2000 foot mountain a few miles away, and watching the planes coming in and out of our local airport.
Life is good!!

Last May I bought a new chair and ottoman made of gorgeous maroon Italian leather, although it is in a traditional style (see below). I can't even describe how comfortable it is. I am sitting in it right now, although in a different house since I moved. After looking for my dream house for years, I found it just five days after buying this insanely expensive chair. Terrible timing! But now that I have both the chair AND the house, and my spending is settling down, I'm in 7th heaven.

I have a very similar chair and ottoman that's definitely my favorite. I've dozed off on that a time or two it is so comfy :).

I have an Ethan Allen made in USA couch that is long enough to sleep on. My son bought it in 1998, and gave it to me in 2007. My other chair is a Swiss Ball. If I do not want to recline, I sit at my desk on the Swiss Ball. I have used it for 15 years or so.

I recently sold a country place with house and several outbuildings. I do not ever again want to have a lot of stuff. I had planned to move back up there, but when push came to shove, I just decided that no matter how much I liked living there, my life has evolved to require other things from me.

Sometime it may become more expensive to get rid of stuff than it was to collect it in the first place.

Ha

Great idea as a thread! I am sitting in my barkalounger (sp?) that fits me and my cocker spaniel perfectly(side by side). The leather is worn, but by me...it fits! I've had it for 15 years, no holes n the leather yet. My kids (21 and 25) tease me that they are going to surprise me with a new chair (carting my current one away). I guess they know how much I like this one.....lil creeps :D

I'll be like Frasier and Niles Dad and duct tape any breaches in the leather!

... I am sitting in my barkalounger (sp?) that fits me and my cocker spaniel perfectly(side by side). ...
Sounds like a perfect pairing!

Maybe they named it bark-a-lounger because dogs like it too. ;)

I hope to make one of these over the next year. We saw them at a show recently, and thought - how can a bunch of wood blocks be comfortable? But they are all strung with rope that gives a little, and conforms very nicely as you sit.

I was hoping to be able to just modify an old rocker, but for the rope tension, you need bracing across the back of the chair back, so a retrofit would not be so easy. Decided to bite the bullet and just make the whole dang thing.

Right now, I'm making a doll-house sized replica to present as a gift to DW, while she gives me specs and the time to actually make the thing. I've only tackled a couple 'fine furniture' projects, so this will be a little intimidating.

Alan Daigre Designs

And some others here:

Welcome To Vermont Folk Rocker

image022.png

image024.png

-ERD50

Attachments

• chair - rope-add_09.jpg
    chair - rope-add_09.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 221
Cool chair, ERD50.

I normally spend most of my spare time horizontal on the couch, but my favorite chair is my home office chair.

Attachments

• office chair.jpg
    office chair.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 35
I don't have a favorite chair.

But I enjoy sitting anywhere in my sister's home <3

Different colors, but we have a pair of these, our favorites...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 37
My favorite chair is a red leather recliner that is a smaller size . Unlike Frazer & Niles Dad I will not duct tape it . I will just buy another one .

Recliner end of a tan leather sofa we bought in 2003. I live here. DH and I sleep in this spot too much! No favorite chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

My favorite is my Stressless chair with ottoman, looks just like the one in Midpack's post above.

I don't know if it's my favorite, but this kind of chair always gives me the biggest smile.

Attachments

• ski-chair-lift-16285263.jpg
    ski-chair-lift-16285263.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 29
An old Lazy Boy recliner. It was my Dad's favorite chair, I inherited it 30 years ago. We had it reupholstered 20 years ago at a price higher than a new recliner. But this one is made so well, operates well, is just the right size (recliners seem to have gotten quite porky). I'll probably have it reupholstered again someday rather than part with it.

Ran across this photo of my DWs chair.

KsChair.jpg

It's not the big leather+ottman I have in the other room. Her chair is an electrified recliner that's more her size. Just press the button and it gets more comfortable.

And yes, the cats like that chair too.

Back
Top Bottom