Your Favorite Podcasts?

Birdie Num Nums

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm uncertain, and I did perform a search before creating this new topic, but I think it was on this forum that someone recommended 'The History of Rome' podcast series.

Now, I have every so often considered learning more about the old-time, long-lasting, and influential to this day Roman Republic and Empire. But I had little desire to read hundreds and hundreds of book pages. So the idea of downloading these podcast episodes intrigued me, as I had also bought a new Philips 8GB ViBE MP3 player that I listen to as I go for long walks or while in the gym, etc.

Wow! I am sold! I am only up to Episode 60 of what is currently 141 episodes, but I am thoroughly enthralled by this Roman History podcast. Although these MP3 recordings seem to be from a guy in his home with relatively crude equipment, the vocal delivery and historical details are superb. Despite his obvious limitations, he has done a fantastic job. (As I am getting to more current episodes, I learn that he is evolving and doing even a better job.) I often find myself learning something I didn't know about those old Romans that resonate to what's going on today. Simply fascinating.

I recommend this podcast to anyone who wants to learn some old history that is not only fun to hear about what those folks were up to in those days, but how their deeds affect us today, and have a few laughs in between.

empire2a.gif

Thanks to whomever recommended this series.

Do you know of any particular podcasts that we others might like? If so, explain why. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom