Your most outrageous bucket list item fulfilled?

Own a Class A motorhome before retirement. Been a great experience while having all the kids around.

Most outrageous would be more like playing in a rock band and drag racing down quarter mile tracks.

Being able to live the remainder of my life without working. At least everybody told me it was outrageous.

Had an EP up on iTunes and Amazon mp3 a few yrs back. Didn't sell many but it was a practical stab at showbiz

Last edited:
I have several, but outrageous is 'in the eye of the beholder.'

I bought a 2 month "Bus Ameripass" from Greyhound a few weeks after graduating from high school and took off with a friend to travel the US and Canada.

I went sky diving while in college.

I think my most frightening experience was realizing I was gay back in the 1970s.

Haha, let's see...

In progress: circumnavigate the world in a short bus. Just 3k miles short of completion.

Drive a mototaxi 1200 miles across the Andes Mountains and 3 deserts of Peru--did that in 2012.

Next up: drive the Pan-American Highway from North America to Ushuaia, Argentina in 2015.

Also plan to hike the Lycian Way and maybe the Camino de Santiago, before I get too old.

Of my three big goals I have been stalled for a good while (I have young kids).

Go to all 7 continents (South America and Antarctica remain)
Go to all 50 states (Alaska and N. Dakota remain)

But two years ago I filled the coin jug I started (and periodically raided) when I was 16.

They said it couldn't be done:
img_1408136_0_56dfde55347d603e4d7d8675cb89a3da.jpg

The grand total, not including "rare" and foreign coins, nor smurf magnets or wedding rings (no divorce yet, I just tend to lose them) is $1,719.68 comprised of 22,844 coins (12,638 pennies, 2,226 nickels, 3,770 dimes, 4,140 quarters and 70 dollar coins). Spent the money on a projector for the basement.

Outrageous things(that I remember):
Did the hot air balloon thing, took off from our front yard, great time. We scared a lot of cows.

Helicopter tour of Grand Canyon. Going over the rim was incredible.

Deep sea fishing off of Marathon key with FIL/DF. We caught a few fish, the catch of the day was 9 Cuban refugees, 22 miles off shore. I've never seen such happy people. Their engine had died, no food, 1 liter of water they were saving for a 3 year old. Coast Gaurd told us they would probably have hit land in Iceland, in a couple months. At that time they got a free pass into the US. Often wondered where they are today. The refugees really did the outrageous thing, we just got to watch.

Oh yea the FIRE thing.
MRG

Deep sea fishing off of Marathon key with FIL/DF. We caught a few fish, the catch of the day was 9 Cuban refugees, 22 miles off shore. I've never seen such happy people. Their engine had died, no food, 1 liter of water they were saving for a 3 year old. Coast Gaurd told us they would probably have hit land in Iceland, in a couple months. At that time they got a free pass into the US. Often wondered where they are today. The refugees really did the outrageous thing, we just got to watch.
MRG

You win!!!! How cool to be a part of that.

Go to all 50 states

I achieved this in 7 years of living in the USA, and I'm not even American, so get cracking! :D

Oh and FWIW I am jumping out of serviceable plane in two week's time.

I achieved this in 7 years of living in the USA, and I'm not even American, so get cracking! :D
Yikes - I've been here for over 25 years and have only visited 5 states (though if you ignore 20 mins spent in AZ, it's more like 4 states).

Guess I need to get moving :)

Back
Top Bottom