Zero Dark Thirty

Sojourner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got back from seeing this, and wow... what an experience! I found myself almost in a state of "shock and awe" walking out of the theater. Truly moving and powerful on so many levels.

Has anyone else seen it, and did you like it as much as I did?

I'm very interested in this movie. Going to see "Lincoln" in a couple of days with my mom. Thought about "Zero Dark Thirty" but think it might be a bit too intense for her. Heard some stuff about the torture scenes that were reported to be very disturbing. Like to hear what folks round here think. BTW, here's the trailer:

ZERO DARK THIRTY - Official Trailer - In Theaters 12/19 - YouTube

I would never minimize the heroism of the military elite. OTOH- this movie is Hollywood emntertainment & should be experienced as such. Most military profesionals in sensitive positions would not cooperate in such a project. There's a reason they refer to special foreces as the"silent services".

There are good reviews about this movie, so I have already put this title in my Netflix queue.

Just got back from seeing this, and wow... what an experience! I found myself almost in a state of "shock and awe" walking out of the theater. Truly moving and powerful on so many levels.

Has anyone else seen it, and did you like it as much as I did?

Have not yet but will. We saw "true story" Argo last month and really liked it on an edge-of-my-seat way.Afterwards we learned the Iranian adventure was embellished way more than the Hollywood storyline. Go figure.

Very good movie. 8 out of 10 thumbs up. If that helps... ; o )
Jessica Chastain is continuing to be a very strong actress (see her in The Debt if you haven't) They lumber her with some subpar dialogue in certain scenes (gotta Hollywood it up for the masses a little) but otherwise the whole thing rings true from a continuity and intelligent script point of view.

2 1/2 hours was a little long for me. could have done it in less than 2 hours. Interesting look at what goes on behind the scenes. would have liked to get to know more about Maya, Jessica Chastain's part. What was her history? What drove her for 12 years? I liked Lincoln more than this movie, but both are worth seeing.

Back
Top Bottom