$1.6 Billion Lottery .. this supersedes the $1 Billion Lottery :)

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Many people must have bought the $1 Billion lottery yesterday, because with no Winner .. it has jumped to $1.6 Billion lottery jackpot. That's $600 Million added for this coming Tuesday. Well, I bought 5 numbers ..

If I win it, I'm pretty sure I'll give away a big big chunk of it to the needy and charity.

If nobody wins, this is going to jump to $2 Billion .. that's pretty crazy. How are you going to handle that much :confused:

I’m thinking one purpose it might serve for me is LTC, if I win. Not sure I will be playing though.

My ROMEO group just chipped in and we bought 200 tickets. With my 10% share when we collect, I may not post here too often anymore. :D

Set up trust funds for future family college needs.

Many people must have bought the $1 Billion lottery yesterday, because with no Winner .. it has jumped to $1.6 Billion lottery jackpot. That's $600 Million added for this coming Tuesday. Well, I bought 5 numbers ..

If I win it, I'm pretty sure I'll give away a big big chunk of it to the needy and charity.

If nobody wins, this is going to jump to $2 Billion .. that's pretty crazy. How are you going to handle that much :confused:

The advertised jackpot is for the 30 year annuity before taxes. If you take the annuity you will get maybe around $27MM/yr fro 30 years. The cash option after taxes is maybe around $500-600MM. A lot of money but not $1.6B.

I very occasionally buy a ticket, just for the entertainment value (I have delightful daydreams). Bought one today for the first time in a couple of years.

Regardless of the published odds, I always assume that for me personally, my chances of winning are 50/50. Either I'm lucky or I'm not. With that attitude, one ticket is all I need.

The advertised jackpot is for the 30 year annuity before taxes. If you take the annuity you will get maybe around $27MM/yr fro 30 years. The cash option after taxes is maybe around $500-600MM. A lot of money but not $1.6B.
Then you'd have to share it. If a couple others won, that means $200M max. Not really worth it ... I mean, get up, get dressed, leave the house, drive to the local convenience store, stand in line, buy the ticket, then wait.

Last edited:
$1.6 Billion Lottery .. this supersedes the $1 Billion Lottery 😊

Then after we split it MichaelB, we need to pay the taxman and a bunch of lawyers so figure only 1/2 of it net for simplicity sake. That 1.6B is now $100m each. Give 1/2 away to charities and such and suddenly you’re living on a measly $2m a year.

Oh well, you all win that one, I’ll be happy with the smaller one and skate off while everyone is looking for you.

Then you'd have to share it. If a couple others won, that means $200M max. Not really worth it ... I mean, get up, get dressed, leave the house, drive to the local convenience store, stand in line, buy the ticket, then wait.

And then really, what would I do with even $200M?

I am happy now. I'm not stupendously wealthy like Bill Gates, but neither am I poor or needy.

Why would $200M make me any happier? Instead of spending a few bucks on lottery tickets, I'll use those few bucks to buy a nice jar of Grey Poupon and leave it at that.

If you're unlucky enough to win it, try faking your own death

My ROMEO group just chipped in and we bought 200 tickets.

+1

With a jackpot this large, the winner will plastered all over the media. So the best defense is to be a member of a large group where it's easier to hide. Even if they insist on a group photo, you can slouch down in the back, wear a false mustache, glasses and a wig and you'll be unrecognizable.

I wonder if, since 31 October is approaching, you could show up for the winner's photo in a Halloween costume?

$1.6 Billion Lottery .. this supersedes the $1 Billion Lottery 😊

The cash option after taxes is maybe around $500-600MM. A lot of money but not $1.6B.

No, not $500-$600M. The cash equivalent is $905 million.

Last edited:
At $600M after tax, it's mind-boggling to see that this unprecedented lottery prize is still not enough for you to buy this yacht. Actually, you can, but that leaves you with no money to hire a crew to operate it, maintain it, put fuel in it.

5b9bc26f80eb351c008b5e04-1334-1000.jpg

+1

With a jackpot this large, the winner will plastered all over the media. So the best defense is to be a member of a large group where it's easier to hide. Even if they insist on a group photo, you can slouch down in the back, wear a false mustache, glasses and a wig and you'll be unrecognizable.

I wonder if, since 31 October is approaching, you could show up for the winner's photo in a Halloween costume?

Being as old as we are in this group, most of us are invisible to anyone younger anyway.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom