100 checks for $35

I used this link and ordered more checks.

The good news, for the price of the check, it was 4 boxes (that's 600 single checks -- this should last me a long time!) for $17.82.

The bad news, shipping. It costed $18.96 for trackable shipping (8-10 business days). (I could have went for the non-trackable shipping for about $11).

Still cheaper than getting them from the bank. :blush:

Well, I ended up cancelling my order (over principle and safty :LOL:). My order was placed on hold. I wasn't even contacted about the delay but had to inquire one my own.

The reason for the delay was the state where I live in requires a confirmation from my bank. The placed called the bank but the bank refused to give a yes or no confirmation. So, in order to get the order through either I needed to go to my bank and tell them I want checks printed elsewhere and have the place call the individual from the bank or fax a current statement over the the check printing company.

I do understand, we live in a time of security, check and double check (no puns intended). The bank has their policies, the company just follows the law. But as I printed out my bank statement to fax, I said to myself, "what about the safety of the consumer?" I really didn't want to fax my statement showing all bank transactions and images of my cancelled checks to a place I haven't done business with. So I decided to just cancel the order.

Guess we live in an age of "You don't trust me? ... then why should I trust you?" ... sad, but the sign of the times.

Thanks for all the contributions to this thread. I got checks from Walmart, they were about $10 including all delivery costs.

I may use them if I set up a bank account overseas, and I wanted my correct address on my current checks for that reason. I ordered the minimum number, since I rarely use checks, but I think I got something like 125 checks.

Kramer

For Walmart can you order them in-store? Or online only? thx

For Walmart can you order them in-store? Or online only? thx
I got mine online. I suspect that is the only way. They even generate a full image of the check, with your name and address, during the ordering process so that you can approve it. It was about $9.65 including postage.

Cool.. I may use them when I order next time.

I ordered my last set of checks while I was in the bank. I received them quickly but the fee was $35. A bit too much. I told the banker that I was shocked at the high cost (I actually was shocked) and she immediately put the $35 back into my account. She seemed embarrassed.

Anyhow, I now get my checks through Costco. The cost is quite reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom