1099 from Vanguard

ripper1

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have had in my possession my 1099R, B, and DIV from Vanquard for two weeks now. What are the chances for corrected 1099's coming out now. These seem to be pretty straight forward info compared to the other 1099's they distribute. I'm just being anxious because I have everything in and am ready to go.

I have had in my possession my 1099R, B, and DIV from Vanquard for two weeks now. What are the chances for corrected 1099's coming out now. These seem to be pretty straight forward info compared to the other 1099's they distribute. I'm just being anxious because I have everything in and am ready to go.

I am assuming you only have mutual funds with Vanguard: the 1099 INTS, Divs, and Bs for their brokerage accounts are due in mid feb.

I am assuming you only have mutual funds with Vanguard: the 1099 INTS, Divs, and Bs for their brokerage accounts are due in mid feb.
Actually they were due in mid Jan. I have had them for two weeks.

I would go ahead, then. If they are corrected, you can always amend your return. I haven't had any problems with this in recent years that I can recall.

I just went ahead and e-filed my federal and state tax returns tonight. So, if I am wrong then so what - - I'll just get TurboTax to create an amended return for me, which I can then print out and mail in. IIRC TurboTax gladly creates amended returns; it doesn't e-file them though.

Actually they were due in mid Jan. I have had them for two weeks.

The Vanguard site says for the Vanguard Brokerage accounts (not mutual funds) the forms are due mid to late feb, and I have not seen mine at the web site.

I would look at the website and see if they have all of your info down...

Me... not.... I sold the REIT fund for a gain, but it is not on any form... I bet they are waiting on the REITs before they finalize it...

IIRC TurboTax gladly creates amended returns; it doesn't e-file them though.
I don't think the IRS accepts any e-filed amended returns. It is a 10-week paper process -- at least that's what it ran last year. This year probably longer due to staff reductions.

I don't think the IRS accepts any e-filed amended returns. It is a 10-week paper process -- at least that's what it ran last year. This year probably longer due to staff reductions.

Right, it's not a big deal. Or at least, hasn't been for me in the past.

Fido chat told me yesterday that I'd see the rest of my 1099s by 2/18. So what are they doing for a month and a half? Not that I'm in any big hurry (I think I'll owe), but I was motivated to do my taxes (something strange came over me), and I realized I couldn't continue when I got to the 1099 input, so had to quit (didn't need much of an excuse :) )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom