Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Re: 10M USD Reference Portfolio
Old 01-24-2006, 12:12 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Several millions at stake. But can't say more as it would hint to clients / partners / prospects private information.

BTW, running the reference portfolio is also an exercise to help demonstrate people that trading is not throwing darts, there is knowledge and it can be modelled, and even programmed into software and run and therefore lead to make consistent money.

Any bunny (sampled out of a large chunk of bunnies under trial) can make money (different ways including darts) but making consistent money over long periods of time with mastered risks and different markets configurations is a different story. It was at first an intellectual challenge to prove ourselves that trading knowledge was consistent enough to program systems that would prove on all grounds (monte-carlo, etc.) that consistent money can be made that way. I love the answer of Warren Buffet to Burton Malkiel (though he's a pure fundamentalist as everybody knows, but demonstrates that he has knowledge picking stocks), kind of "then if you were righ, why is it that I'm so rich " :-)))
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2006, 02:33 AM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Portfolio has been updated as of 27th Jan.

We made 1,18M this week benefiting from leverage and strong positions overperforming the overall market. We make a new high water mark.

AMD has nicely resumed its run since downgrade by Deutsche Bank analyst which indeed made a good day as an entry point.

Do nor hesitate to comment, I'm here for that.
All the best for your trading.

http://cosmosportfolios.blogspot.com/
Old 01-29-2006, 07:34 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
"Ballpark" - apparently it is an americanism.* Just means a very rough estimate of something.* As in a "ballpark guess" about something.* Ie - "sir, can you give me a ballpark estimate as to how much those car repairs will cost".*

I was actually wondering what the total value of all assets being managed using your trading system (total value of ALL accounts).*
You could also use WAG: "Wild-A$$ Guess".

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:42 AM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Eagle, funny as WAG sounds like vague(ness) and we also use the same word in French, i.e. vague. But the truth is that there's nothing vague in the amount managed, it's known to the cents
Old 02-03-2006, 04:02 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Portfolio and blog will be updated on Monday as I'll be skiing until then.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Portfolio and blog have been updated as indicated. On the 4th of Feb. the system maintains leverage on margin with a market expo of 17 954 808,28 USD for a NAV of 12 411 355,62 USD.
http://cosmosportfolios.blogspot.com/
Old 02-06-2006, 07:26 AM   #27
Recycles dryer sheets

I've added a tabular presentation of the portfolio with all details for each position.
Best luck to your trading.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:35 AM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

Updated as usual. Quite some change(s) this week. Getting lighter...
Best luck.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:13 AM   #29
Recycles dryer sheets

Major move on the 14th as explained. The portfolio is now flat.
Explainations given on the site.
Best lucK.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:14 AM   #30
Recycles dryer sheets

Portfolio remains flat this week, invested in the MM.
Cheers.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:19 AM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

Back to business this week, the system has re-taken some positions.
Best luck.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:25 AM   #32
Recycles dryer sheets

Well, the system has been whipsawed and I explain on the blog what happened.
Better days ahead !
Cheers.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:54 AM   #33
Recycles dryer sheets

Updated on March the 17th.
Portfolio's flat.
SSEC turning BULL.
Cheers.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #34

I just got around to looking at this. This is too much like work. Is this something that should be reported to a moderator?
Old 03-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #35
Recycles dryer sheets

I agree. This is an annoying thread that should be closed.
Delawaredave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2B
I just got around to looking at this. This is too much like work. Is this something that should be reported to a moderator?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delawaredave
I agree.* *This is an annoying thread that should be closed.
If we're gonna delete threads that remind people of the workplace or are just annoying, then we're gonna need a lot more moderators to keep up with the, er, work. And at least three posters would have to leave the board!

Did you two not notice that this has been going on for the last three months, or did it take that long to make up your minds?

You're the first two official public complaints we've had among the 2200+ posters, but we'll take it up again amongst ourselves & with Dory.

We moderators discussed it a bit last week and consensus was to let it be. My vote is that Poyet has had the tacit support of all the moderators (as well as my active support) and his behavior hasn't crossed any lines. I haven't seen anything to change my opinion, but I'm just one minority voter.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #37

My apologies! I don't think this is out of line. I'm just questioning "why?" I didn't look at it closely enough to see if he's selling something. If so, that's another issue. I did see that it has been going on for a long time. That was really my point. So, what is the point of this thread?

Don't kill it on my account. Someone might really care about this thread. I don't and won't make the mistake again. I don't invest this way but I certainly have more offensive personal habits others might object to.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:18 AM   #38
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2B
My apologies! I don't think this is out of line. I'm just questioning "why?" I didn't look at it closely enough to see if he's selling something. If so, that's another issue. I did see that it has been going on for a long time. That was really my point. So, what is the point of this thread?

Don't kill it on my account. Someone might really care about this thread. I don't and won't make the mistake again. I don't invest this way but I certainly have more offensive personal habits others might object to.
No, Soon2B, I'm not selling anything apart ideas which I've not been very successful at given the little feedback I've had so far !

The objective of the thread was to foster discussions on the issue of trading automation and the design of automated trading systems, the development of which has not been work for me but a great and enjoyable intellectual and technical challenge.

The question is: are there means to develop programmes able to trade on their own with consistent success over long period of time, mastering all aspects of trading including selecting positions, timing, money management, risk, etc. ? The four years of efforts I've put in this endeavour let me think that I can answer YES, though there are certainly many other approaches and means to make such systems work and I would like to ear people feedback if any on that.

The blog will keep running and I agree that without feedback on this thread I would have shifted to a monthly update on the board and eventually let the thread die, though I would not have liked people to interpret that as a system's failure. In any case it would at least be a failure to get people interest !

Anyway, I'd like to thank the board owner and moderators for being openminded with my attempt to kick in a discussion on that matter. I will not abuse their kindness. If the thread does not take off I'll let it move way down in the pile...
Old 03-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #39
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
Did you two not notice that this has been going on for the last three months, or did it take that long to make up your minds?

You're the first two official public complaints we've had among the 2200+ posters, but we'll take it up again amongst ourselves & with Dory.*
I've seen the posts for three months - I just don't understand why updates have to be posted weekly here forever. The update posts don't seem to be generating much relevant dialog.

After introducing the program, anyone interested can simply bookmark the blog and go there directly.*

But I really don't care - I don't wanna tick anyone off - thanks.
Delawaredave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:15 AM   #40
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delawaredave
I've seen the posts for three months - I just don't understand why updates have to be posted weekly here forever. The update posts don't seem to be generating much relevant dialog.
You're right Delawaredave, if it does not generate dialog, I'll stop posting !