$14M lotto winner, applies to be garbageman

glippy

Recycles dryer sheets
Guy wins £9.7M (About $14M), spends it all in 7 years and is now on welfare hoping to get his old job back: garbage man.

Bin of the chavs: Lotto lout Michael Carroll set to return to old job after blowing £9.7m win | Mail Online

In case you're wondering it was the lavish gifts to friends, gambling, hookers and coke that did him in. Must have been one heck of a run. I wonder if he'll find those 7 years will have been worth the coming several decades of alarm clocks, early mornings, filth and inevitable back pain? :facepalm:

I'm not much of an annuity-pusher, but this is the sort of situation for which the lifetime income stream of an SPIA might make sense.

Think he would have spent the SPIA money much differently?

I'm not much of an annuity-pusher, but this is the sort of situation for which the lifetime income stream of an SPIA might make sense.

Yup, we finally found the one guy who could use an annuity. :whistle:

Of course. Then moderation would have been forced on him and he would have had 20 years of coke, booze, gambling, and hookers. The 7 years of fun was probably better for his liver.

How about an annuitiy that pays out in hookers and coke?

Think he would have spent the SPIA money much differently?
The point isn't so much whether he'd spend it differently as it is the fact that he'd never run out of money completely because he'd have a lifetime income stream. So at some point if he hit bottom and regained sanity, he'd still have a strong income stream and not have to go back to w*rk.

He only he stuck to a 4% SWR. I like women but not as much as he did. God made Adam and Eve not Adam and four women.

What an idiot...it's hard to believe that people can be that stupid.

The beefiest guy at the gym isn't even 4 percent as hunky as the average garbageman. YMMV.:smitten:

What he spent his money on is one thing, but how much he was paying for hookers and crack was just outrageous. If he had shopped around a little he could have gotten much a better deal. Of course most hookers usually charge a premium because of the cocaine effect. I guess just as youth is wasted on the young, good dope and chicks are wasted on garbage men.

In case you're wondering it was the lavish gifts to friends, gambling, hookers and coke that did him in.
Not necessarily in that order...

If he had shopped around a little he could have gotten much a better deal. Of course most hookers usually charge a premium because of the cocaine effect. I guess just as youth is wasted on the young, good dope and chicks are wasted on garbage men.
I wonder if there's a FatWallet thread that would have helped him do a better job of consumer research in these areas?

So, we're going to have a coke-addled loser with no morals or sense of financial responsibilty on the government payroll. He should fit right in. :LOL:

Too bad he wasn't as lucky as this guy:

"The day after winning $120 million in the lottery he meets the woman of his dreams"

:D

Attachments

• Lottery Winner.jpg
    Lottery Winner.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 130
This is the kind of problem you'd run into if you replaced SS with private accounts. Some people just can't handle money. The government would end as some sort of trustee, and we would have something similar to SS status quo.

Back
Top Bottom