15 Ways to Slash Spending in Retirement

Then, show us pictures of your boat. I am envious.

Yes , Here is my backyard ! No snowblower needed only a boat !:)

But we'll throw in the snowblower at no extra charge! And we have water in our back yard today, too, just a lot colder in the form of snow flakes:ROFLMAO:

But we'll throw in the snowblower at no extra charge! And we have water in our back yard today, too, just a lot colder in the form of snow flakes:ROFLMAO:

We don't have a snowblower. Just four shovels - three in very used condition, and one broken in half. Any takers? :D

Now, I am REALLY envious, though I get motion sickness easily.

It's out of the water right now but here is a picture ! We also have a kayak . It's my SO's boat . I'm more of a kayak person !

I had to show DW your photos and remind her of where we could be living.

It may work yet....

Come to think of it, looking at the thread's title, it occurs to me that shouldn't the goal of retirement is to be able to spend more than when you were working? When you work, you have less time to spend.

For me, it was true but only lasted as long as the bull market. Heh heh heh...

Post Katrina - having had a fish camp over Lake Ponchartrain - I've sorta lost my prior fondness for water.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :greetings10:

heh heh heh - on a hill away from the wide Missouri - but near the local tornado siren. :nonono: :whistle:. The kids on the street love the snow sleding when they get to skip school.

Audrey, good one, your posts are often inspirational!:):flowers:
I'm making an effort this year to come closer to spending my full percentage. There is no point or need in being too frugal. I'm training myself to admit, "yes, I can afford that.":D
My husband has very expensive taste. Now, we don't buy a whole lotta stuff, so we usually stay well under budget. But I know that if something needs to be bought, we are going to be buying way up on the quality/price curve. Which is fine - I don't mind paying up for the pricier version of something if there is significant benefit and something we really want.

The new house, of course, means that we are buying quite a few new things so the cash register is ringing. I grimace to think what our A/V system is going to cost, but it's going to sound really good! And we won't be buying another system for quite a long time.....

DH is very sweet and always solicits my full permission before committing to any high $ item.

Audrey

kcowan---very lovely place you have. I enjoyed the photos and commentary. Much blustery weather here today in western PA....we have been clobbered this February.

kcowan---very lovely place you have. I enjoyed the photos and commentary. Much blustery weather here today in western PA....we have been clobbered this February.
If it's any consolation, it is raining here today. The crazy weather is everywhere!

About the real estate issue...

Hi Everybody:)
We are just finishing building an energy efficient home on 10 acres. But, we also own a house that we will be renting out. It is interesting how things change. A couple of years ago we felt "rich!" but our net worth has rapidly deflated with the demise of the real estate market. I'm glad we live in an area where we can garden just about all year long, and experience a moderate climate. I am also glad we purchased property in the 1970's....

The less expensive states all have their beauty and amenities, but I don't think I could live in that snow - or the sultry summer heat! And, I would incredibly miss our family and friends. But, think of me in Calif. next summer when the temp reaches 100+

I really appreciate you all on this forum!

I haven't seen much change in our spending habits, though our gasoline bill is a little lower since I no longer commute. My hubby is not ER-ing until he's 59, so he'll be reporting to megacorp for another 5 or 6 years. :D After that, I'll have to adjust my frivolous nature.

Back
Top Bottom