1500 a month

We could do $1,500 a month in crisis mode with the house paid off and both kids out of the house. Just like OP said wouldn't pick that as my plan but does give some comfort to know you can operate there if things turn ugly.

Questions:

1. How much of that is health insurance?

2. How much is housing cost?

1. $175/mo
2. Small house 1100 sq feet, no mortgage, low property taxes in MS, utilities around $150/mo.

Everyone can't live on a budget like mine and do not wish to live in a small house. But for a single person, it's plenty. My previous house was 2,500 sq feet. Didn't need it but was a good investment. I'm not going without anything I want, it's just an inexpensive lifestyle I guess. Looks like a couple of others here have chosen a similar path.

1. $175/mo
2. Small house 1100 sq feet, no mortgage, low property taxes in MS, utilities around $150/mo.

Everyone can't live on a budget like mine and do not wish to live in a small house. But for a single person, it's plenty. My previous house was 2,500 sq feet. Didn't need it but was a good investment. I'm not going without anything I want, it's just an inexpensive lifestyle I guess. Looks like a couple of others here have chosen a similar path.

"Fulltime golf bum"---how much are your monthly greens fees?

I can easily live on 25k per year. That includes country club dues, taxes and all. Pretty much my basic budget. But plan to spend more as time goes on for travel. Haven't done much my first few months of retirement other than a few quick trips to the gulf coast.

Ahhh the good life. Just back from taking my dog on a 3 mile walk at the reservoir. Beautiful day. Didn't cost me a thing other than a couple of bucks for the gas to get me there and back. Wish I had a picture of the sweet thing I saw jogging. :)
Country Club? on 25K? Wow where do you live ... and do you know a good real estate agent? I'm moving! :D

Country Club? on 25K? Wow where do you live ... and do you know a good real estate agent? I'm moving! :D

Small town of 40k in central Mississippi. Not for most but it's where I grew up. All my friends are here so I'm satisfied.
Just opened up my monthly news letter from the country club. Dues going up $15/mo. There goes the old budget. Now.....where can I cut back? :D

Last edited:
Small town of 40k in central Mississippi. Not for most but it's where I grew up. All my friends are here so I'm satisfied.
Just opened up my monthly news letter from the country club. Dues going up $15/mo. There goes the old budget. Now.....where can I cut back? :D
hmmmm... guess I'll pass. Nothing against Mississippi ... We're big city folk.

Back
Top Bottom